AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have set up 9 progs. for RESV weekly recording on my 230. It was recording/playing fine, with the recorded program showing up in the Program Guide; automatically scheduling the next week's prog. for RESV recording.

Then, on two occasions, it did not record the progs. Although they appeared as RESV recordings in the Program Guide, they did not show up as recorded programs ready for playback. The Guide showed 8+ hrs. of record time on the hard drive and had properly scheduled the next week's prog, for RESV recording.

After much puzzling, I discovered that this is what is happening: 1) if I schedule only one time slot for RESV recording on a given day, the 230 records/playsback with no problem; but 2) if I schedule two time slots on a given day (non conflicting, e.g 8pm-9pm & 10pm-11pm on the same channel) for RESV recording, no recording of the programs is made.

Can any one offer any suggestions or advice? Am I doing something stupid, or is the 230 defective?

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Robert Whitehead
I have set up 9 progs. for RESV weekly recording on my 230. It was recording/playing fine, with the recorded program showing up in the Program Guide; automatically scheduling the next week's prog. for RESV recording.

Then, on two occasions, it did not record the progs. Although they appeared as RESV recordings in the Program Guide, they did not show up as recorded programs ready for playback. The Guide showed 8+ hrs. of record time on the hard drive and had properly scheduled the next week's prog, for RESV recording.

After much puzzling, I discovered that this is what is happening: 1) if I schedule only one time slot for RESV recording on a given day, the 230 records/playsback with no problem; but 2) if I schedule two time slots on a given day (non conflicting, e.g 8pm-9pm & 10pm-11pm on the same channel) for RESV recording, no recording of the programs is made.

Can any one offer any suggestions or advice? Am I doing something stupid, or is the 230 defective?

Thanks,

Bob
I know I've done that before. I'll make a note the next time it should happen and see what it does.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called Zenith today and it has established a 230 swap program for problem units. You can either send the defective one back, and Zenith will ship you a new one; or, you can give Zenith a CC#, they will Second Day Air a new one to you, and not charge your CC if it gets the defective one back in 10 days. In either case Zenith pays shipping both ways, and sends shipping labels. That's what I'm doing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.