AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the zenith 520 to add to my Pioneer Plasma (PDP-4330HD) and I'm having a problem switching to 1080i. Let me explain. I read on this forum that one of the great advantages of the 520 model is the Native or Hybrid-1 options. But when I set the 520 to either option the plasma is NOT keeping up. For example, I'm surfing through the channels and when I go from a 480p channel to a 1080i channel the plasma doesn't change to 1080i. It remains at 480p.

The funny thing is it always works with 480p to 720p when using the Hybrid-2 option. The tv always switch to 480p or 720p just fine but NOT always 1080i. Maybe 1 in 20 tries it switches to 1080i. If I leave the 520 on 1080i instead of Native then it's fine because the plasma doesn't have to switch.

The only solution I found was to turn off the zenith box and turn it back on. Or switch INPUT on the plasma and come back. Obivously, this is a great inconvenience. The weird thing is it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

Anybody experience anything similiar to this and a possible fix? Could it be the Plasma or 520? By the way I'm using component video and tried RBG.

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.