AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung 617 projection TV and have a Zenith 520 HD box hooked up to it via component cables...

My question is, when selecting the Display Format (button on the front of the receiver) - the choices are 1080i, 720p, 480p, native, hybrid-1 and hybrid-2...

I can only get a picture on the HD channels when choosing 480p... which makes me wonder - shouldn't I also be able to get 1080i - and then have a better picture? Does having to choose 480p give me a worse quality HD picture? How can I change this? I've read the manuals, and I'm confused - I'm a relative newbie, but not completely ignorant - please help!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Some tv's have one set of component inputs that only accept 480p and below and another set that handles 480p and above. If that is the case, switch inputs.

And yes, you are getting a worse picture.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe there is some folks that have the 617 Samsung and the 520 box that can shed some light on this?

FYI - I run the video through the Denon 3803 - which should be a direct pass through of the video via component - but I thought I should mention it as it is part of the equation...

Please help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.