AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAVE the Zenith 520 for maybe 3 years , never had any problem with it until now. When I turn on the set you are able to change channels then if I stay on any one channel for aperiod of time, it locks on that channel and cannot be moved by the remote. I unplug for a few minutes and then it's fine for awhile again, same thing happens again. Anyone have any idea what to do next? Thanks

· Registered
3,102 Posts
There was a thread about a year ago that stepped us through an actual Firmware reboot through some buttons on the STB itself. I don't remember what the steps were but this did a great job in correcting problems that unplugging and plugging just didn't fix.

· Registered
159 Posts
The firmware update from 0.8 (shipped in early SAT520's) to 1.04 (made available thru DirecTV in mid-2003) listed a couple of "freeze-up" problems that it solved.

The list of items solved by the update is posted on Zenith's website in the Service and Support area. If your box has not received the 1.04 software update, take a look at the site to see if the descriptions of problems fixed sounds like your problem.

H.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.