AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 520 shows the programs in the guide for DirecTV, OTA analog, but not for OTA digital. We are just starting to get digital OTA here in Fort Wayne and maybe it is becuase they are testing, although one station has been up and running for several months. Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
18,506 Posts
Jim..

It takes DirecTV's APG supplier a while to catch up with local DTV stations. I've seen some show up before the station was on the air. Others take months and still don't show up in the APG. If I had to guess, I'd say some of the delay has to do with full power operation. One of our local PBS stations has been on for quite a while at minimum power. They announced they'd start full power the first of this month. Bam, they showed up in the APG the next day. Trouble is, they still haven't gone full-power. It'll get there. It'll just take time.

Doc

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
I don't think it has to do with low power/full power. We have 2 low power stations that show up in the APG and one that doesn't.

You can request that channels be added to the APG at:
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
The folks at zap2it.com were very responsive and added a missing channel quickly at my request. But then DirecTV has some work to do to pass that info through to APG-capable receivers and that took more time (2-3 weeks) for some reason. Eventually, we did get the missing station, so the process works. But be patient!

Also, I had to reset my zipcode for OTA in my Hughes E86 receiver to see the new listings. I simply re-entered the same zipcode and the receiver reloaded program data via the satellite. Then the new APG OTA HDTV channel listings appeared.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.