AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a set of enhancements to the existing 8-VSB modulation standard. E-VSB is backward compatible with existing 8-VSB receivers and offers improved indoor and pedestrian reception for E-VSB-equipped receivers, as reported at www.widescreenreview.com .

------------------

HiDefDave

STOP HDCP!

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
And Zenith isn't the only one showing prototype enhancements to 8-vsb. Oren and NxtWave are also in the act. Surprised no one commented on this, so back to the top it goes.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Stu Allen:
How will this affect both broadcasters and consumers? In order to receive the E-VSB signal, broadcasters will have to upgrade their transmission equipment. Thats more cash-ola I'm sure they don't want to spend. Ofcourse, there are so many broadcasters that don't have equipment now, this only affects stations that already have equipment. And what about us? Yes, we can receive E-VSB with our 8-VSB chips but, no we're down on technology and most of us geeks will want the best stuff. How soon do we expect to see a free OTA module from Dish that will cost $79.95 after a while, then $99.95 after they delay it?
It saddens me to read that some people actually feel this way. That's all I better say.

I will ask you to read the other threads about the Dish OTA module and learn the facts.

[This message has been edited by Jerry G (edited 04-28-2001).]

·
Registered
75 Posts
How will this affect both broadcasters and consumers? In order to receive the E-VSB signal, broadcasters will have to upgrade their transmission equipment. Thats more cash-ola I'm sure they don't want to spend. Ofcourse, there are so many broadcasters that don't have equipment now, this only affects stations that already have equipment. And what about us? Yes, we can receive E-VSB with our 8-VSB chips but, no we're down on technology and most of us geeks will want the best stuff. How soon do we expect to see a free OTA module from Dish that will cost $79.95 after a while, then $99.95 after they delay it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.