Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm about to buy a Zenith C34W23, and already have Dishnetwork 500 system. But my box is messed up. It does't have output on the F connector, does on the std. RCA out, but only BW on the Svideo output. So I need to buy a new box.

The Zenith has component input and it's own hdtv tuner, so what kind of box do I need to get to replace the bad Dishnetwork box?

also, I get my local channels thru Dish. Two of them are already in HDTV and the rest should be by this time next year. I don't want to go back to the ugly outside antenna. Should I be able to get them in HDTV over the Dish or will I have to go back to the outside antenna?

Lastly, do I need anything extra to get Showtime HDTV? (I believe the dish is a Dual LNB type)

Also, am I wasting my money on getting the Zenith with the built in HDTV Turner if I'm going to have to buy a new receiver box anyway? Or do I need it with the antenna to get local channels in HDTV?

Thanks for the help. You have a very nice site here.

·
Registered
570 Posts
You can get OTA digital channels by connecting an antenna to your C34W23.

You can buy the Dish 6000 without the optional OTA cartridge for your satellite SD and HD.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Are you aware of the Zenith not having the ability to do 480p DVD (Progressive Scan) or 3:2 pulldown? Those are two serious limitations, in my view.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I knew about the no dvd p, but not the missing 3:2 pulldown. Yes, that is important. Thanks.

We've got about $2500 to spend. We need a SMALL frame Widescreen HDTV.

The Samsung DLP 43" is perfect fit for the room, but i'm concerned with the rainbow effect and other issues raised here.... I really want a wide screen. We have an extensive collection of WS/LBX LD and dvd, and want a tv the displays them correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.