Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm about to buy a Zenith C34W23, and already have Dishnetwork 500 system. But my box is messed up. It does't have output on the F connector, does on the std. RCA out, but only BW on the Svideo output. So I need to buy a new box.

The Zenith has component input and it's own hdtv tuner, so what kind of box do I need to get to replace the bad Dishnetwork box?

also, I get my local channels thru Dish. Two of them are already in HDTV and the rest should be by this time next year. I don't want to go back to the ugly outside antenna. Should I be able to get them in HDTV over the Dish or will I have to go back to the outside antenna?

Lastly, do I need anything extra to get Showtime HDTV? (I believe the dish is a Dual LNB type)

Also, am I wasting my money on getting the Zenith with the built in HDTV Turner if I'm going to have to buy a new receiver box anyway? Or do I need it with the antenna to get local channels in HDTV?

Thanks for the help. You have a very nice site here.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Are you aware of the Zenith not having the ability to do 480p DVD (Progressive Scan) or 3:2 pulldown? Those are two serious limitations, in my view.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I knew about the no dvd p, but not the missing 3:2 pulldown. Yes, that is important. Thanks.

We've got about $2500 to spend. We need a SMALL frame Widescreen HDTV.

The Samsung DLP 43" is perfect fit for the room, but i'm concerned with the rainbow effect and other issues raised here.... I really want a wide screen. We have an extensive collection of WS/LBX LD and dvd, and want a tv the displays them correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.