AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zenith has been laying low for awile until they put out this awesome HDTV that all but establishes Zenith as one of the elite. I want to know your opinions, expierences with these two very unique television sets, it seems that the Zenith for a few bucks more (if that) has so many features that the Samsung TXN series doesnt have such as Zooming in HD mode to make a perfect 4:3 picture in 1080i(unbelievable with no loss), built in HD Tuner for cable and OTA, 3 S-Video jacks versus Samsungs 1 on the side, PIP in all modes even in HD. Remembers your settings in every single mode it switches to such as Component 1-2, Video 1 etc. (Samsung has only 1 universal settings:mad: ) which is not ideal for gamers and DVD watchers alike who need the different settings for Xbox and Regular TV. Zenith also has 2 optical outs, Overall the Zenith is the far better deal with so many hookups in the back its ridiculous! Not only this I have owned both Televisions and the Zenith puts out a way better picture in regular Television as well. Beware guys on the Samsungs for Digital and Regular cable it looks Awful, really Awful seems compressed like your streaming over the internet with Windows Media Player. I want some opinions on both of these models, Is it just me? or do I seem fair when saying that that anyone who chooses the Samsungs over the Zenith models are gonna be really be regretting there purchase. I know I did I finally returned the Samsung and got the Zenith c32v37 to be exact and couldnt be any happier! I just dont want others to make the same mistake I did as both these repective televisions models are priced almost identical albiet the Zenith a few pennies more. Opinions please! :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was in Best Buy the other day browsing at direct-view HDTVs and I did look at the Samsung and Zenith side by side and I can honestly say that the picture quality on the Zenith looked sharper than the Samsung. I can't say what the source was, but being side by side they must be connected to the same source and Zenith did a better job of providing a clear PQ while the Samsung looked somewhat blemished.

You definitely got a bargain and I was certainly surprised that Zenith was able to make a decent TV at such a low price.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.