AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a March 2008 Zenith DTT900, and it refused to see any signal on Ch. 9 even though it's one of the strongest local signals. I returned it, and picked up an April 2008 (84E01089) unit which gets Ch. 9 just fine, but sees zero signal on Ch. 44, another viable signal. Anyone seen this behavior? I don't want to keep going to Circuit City and swapping units!

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
300 Posts
1). What TV market (City) are you in?

2). When you say "zero signal", do you mean the bar displayed when you press "Signal Strength" shows no bar? When you go into menu and select manual tune, then arrow to the actual RF channel number for virtual channels 9 and 44, what does it show for their signal strength?

3). Are you using an indoor antenna? What type antenna (and antenna amp., if any) are you using? If it's an indoor antenna, is is positioned near a window on the side of the building facing the direction of the TV transmitters?

4). Does www.tvfool.com show your digital virtual channel 9 to be your strongest digital station, or are you just stating that their analog signal is your strongest?

5). With your current unit tuned to ch 9, what does the display show when you press signal strength? Does it beep? Beep fast or slow?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Have you tried rescanning or adding the channels manually? Then there's broadcast frequency and virtual channel IDs. I have a friend who was very frustrated because he couldn't get a signal on channel 54. His problem was that the digital signal for 54 was on channel 39. When he entered 39, virtual 54-1 appeared.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The RF vs. virtual channel thing was the issue. I found out that virtual ch. 44.1 is RF ch. 45. When I manually added RF 45, after a few seconds it found 44.1 and all is well.

Thanks to all for your help, you sent me down the correct path.

Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts