AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Zenith has a press release dated 9/7/01 on their website stating that the Zenith DTV1080 is due to ship later this month. As it is now later this month, why isn't there news about the availability of this product? You would hope Zenith's own press release would be accurate. However, I don't have my hopes up with all the previous delays. What could be the hold up now? I heard that Zenith got DIRECTV's approval on Sept. 1. If Zenith waits any longer to release this receiver they'll be working against themselves, with the likely announcements of HDTV receivers with DVI and firewire outputs. I'm almost sick of waiting myself.

Andrew

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sep.6, I pre-order the DTV-1080

for price of $659,no tax

+free shipping. WWW.viscount video

sales.com. Now its $999,they claim

Zenith increase their price.They

are expecting a shipment in 2

weeks.My pre-order price will be

honor. Anyone else seen a increase

in price?

AL

------------------

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Today I pre-ordered one from Cousins Video ($699 free shipping). He said he expects them the first week of October. No talk of increased price. I think zenith site says $799 list.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Maybe the DTV1080 will finally be available in October. It's encouraging that two retailers expect shipments at the same time. However, with the history of delays, it would be nice to receive some definitive word that the receiver will be available.

Andrew

·
Registered
732 Posts
My Zenith sales support rep called me yesterday, and they are hoping for a shipping date of 11/15! I already have 8 on b/o for custom installs and will have to order another 6 due to the delay!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Greg,

I hope your sales support guy is taking the conservative approach or isn't correct. There are a number of us waiting for the release of the Zenith but the delays are making other units more attractive. There has been so much misinformation regarding release dates that by the time it does actually hit the street there may be additional offers from other manufacturers. Nov 15 is almost 5 months later than the first release date I had heard.

I wonder if the continued offer to sell GMH is impacting DirecTV's approval? Their stock and echostar's continue to retreat but then so does the whole market. Flat panel display makers are doing quite well in that part of the market which should be a good sign for set top box makers for HD.

I didn't plan to put the Zenith on my Christmas list but it sure seems to be headed in that direction. Any satisfied Panasonic owners out there after the June/July "fix" was made?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Zenith's 9/7 press release (still on their site), says shipping later this month. I can't see how they could be that incompetent to announce shipping only 3 weeks out that turns out to be 10 weeks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.