AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Zenith dvb-318 dvd player that does the upconversion via component cables to my hdtv. At 480 there's no problems. At 720 there are 2 white dotted lines at the top left of the screen. At 1080 there are 2 white dotted lines at the top center of the screen. Also, the picture appears to be off center and more towards the left side of the television. I've got an Advent hdtv from Brandsmart if that helps at all.

Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifi-matt
I just got a Zenith dvb-318 dvd player that does the upconversion via component cables to my hdtv. At 480 there's no problems. At 720 there are 2 white dotted lines at the top left of the screen. At 1080 there are 2 white dotted lines at the top center of the screen. Also, the picture appears to be off center and more towards the left side of the television. I've got an Advent hdtv from Brandsmart if that helps at all.

Any ideas or suggestions?
"Jeez", that's tough luck. I haven't heard anything like that, with these units, only whitcrush via the DVI input and macroblocking. Did you check or have your T.V. tuned or is this something you only experience with this player? Check your component connection or faulty cables? Try the original Firmware downgrade, if you haven't. Some copyright protected DVDs might cause and issue without the original firmware. Last but not least call Zenith for support or exchange your unit. I installed my Zenith last week and have not had any of these issues.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Overscan. Adjust TV service menu.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions. It only occurs with the dvd player when I upconvert via component. I did a little more online searching and found where others have simply turned the players off and back on to fix similar problems. I'll give that a try first and then follow some of your ideas if the problem persists.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.