AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new 520 and have it connected to a Samsung 172W widescreen monitor via DVI and I have a couple of issues:

1. The output of the 520 in standard 720 mode is normal HD format 1280x720p which because the Samsung is actually 1280 x 768 the image is slightly under-scaned and the top of the image has a nasty flashing bar that is very difficult to watch. This montor in VGA mode allows me to ajust screen size and position but it does not allow this in DVI mode. I really want to stay with DVI because the picture is slightly better than VGA. 1080i and 480p produce the same results. Is there any way to correct this...?

2. One of the options is called "EZ DVI" which I'm hoping would correct the issue above however this option is not available to me. I called LG and they said that I needed to use a dual link DVI cable to get that option. Do that sound right to you all...? And if that option was available would it help the issue above...?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I believe all EZ-DVI mode does is try to select the available STB output format most appropriate for the display device; I don't think it will do anything to ameliorate your problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.