AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about ordering the 420 HD receiver but was wondering if a HD tuner card for my HTPC would be a better way to go. Do the HD cards require a hi end setup to work well? My HTPC setup is; Asus A7N266-VM with an AMD Athlon 1600 with 512 of memory. Which card's seem to work best? I assume you can record HD with the cards. I'm using my HTPC with a NEC 42MP3 Plasma. If the HD cards record digital programming with good playback I think that would be the best. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
The HTPC route is cheaper. I'm a long time user of a MyHD MDP-100 card and love it. I'd buy a second MyHD card if two could be used on the same computer (they can't). Soon I'll be adding the Motorola cable HDTV PVR and an LG LST-3410A (formerly Zenith). It has a 120gb hard-drive and can record ATSC, NTSC , and QAM. Plus I may add the upcoming Fusion HDTVIII pc card to my pc. There will be many HDTV conflicts this Fall on broadcast and cable.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Garrett, how's the playback using the HD100? If I go with a HD card do you think the HD120 is the best? Looking at the picture of the 120 it looks like it has a DVI output. Can I connect it directly to the DVI input on my NEC plasma or does it have to go through some loop through cable?, Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.