AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently strongly considering purchasing the Zenith P60W26 Plasma and was curious if anyone has seen this 2nd generation Zenith live or own it. I understand that the picture quality in this new model is significantly better than it's predecessor? Just curious if this model has any major drawbacks. Any thoughts or feedback on the P60W26 would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

·
Registered
698 Posts
I don't think the zenith is as good as the fujitsu 61" plasma.Maybe you should take a look at the fuji before you decide. bm

PS zenith plasmas are made in korea.The korean plasma technology is alittle behind the japanese.

·
Registered
950 Posts
The P60W26 has both increased brightness and contrast ratio over its predecessor. It definitely is a noticeable improvement. I have not seen any other 60"+ plasmas, so I cannot provide comparison to other brands.

Robert

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
How much does it cost? I'd give up a lot of PQ for $6,000-7000 savings over the Fujitsu.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. I've heard incredibly great things about the Fujitsu and know that it is a much better plasma but the Fujitsu is about $20M and the Zenith is about $10M. Is there any major flaws in the Zenith that would preclude it from being a viable "pretty good but not the best" 60 inch Plasma out there? I'm not a video expert so I'm just looking to watch some dvd's and sports on a big screen with good resolution. I read the below review from Sound & Vision and the reviewer seemed to give it OK marks. ( http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/equ...?ArticleID=161 ) How much can I believe in these types of reviews?

P.S. I was also considering the new Sony 60 inch LCD Rear Projections ($5M) which had a pretty darn good picture when I saw it at the local Wiz store. Anyone have any idea how the Zenith picture quality would compare to the Sony LCD RPTV?

Thanks all for your insights.

Steve

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Steve, you should shop around a little and try to see the new 61 inch Samsung DLP. People are giving it good reviews in the RPTV forum.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I suspect a Zenith booth at CES. 2003 could be the last year ever for the venerable Zenith name. If there is no booth, I'm sure it is the last year ever for Zenith as LG is definitely not committed to the brand so we'll see if they have a last-ditch effort in the plans.

Mark

·
Registered
831 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by batman09
I don't think the zenith is as good as the fujitsu 61" plasma.Maybe you should take a look at the fuji before you decide. bm

PS zenith plasmas are made in korea.The korean plasma technology is alittle behind the japanese.
I disagree.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.