AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A client of mine has a Zenith Pro900x crt projo. I got him the Key Digital KDCTCA3 to convert his component video that is switched via a Denon avr-3805. It works great for his dvd (denon dvd2100) but when i hook a ps2 or dlink media server up via component cables it tells me that it's an unrecognized sync and it looks horrible. Also, anything that the denon upconverts looks bad as well. I am new to this projecter so any advise, be it small or big would be greatly appreciated.

ps. out of the key digital piece i have a vga to rgbhv connecter that goes to the projo. thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update: i put in gran turismo 4 on the PS2 and set it to 480P mode and it worked great but 1080i mode looks terrible. So it seems that anything 480p works with the setup but should i be afraid of hooking up an HD reciever?

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Chances are you need to flip out the transcoder. I've used the Audio Authority ones, and even they warn of possible compatibility issues with some sources. I haven't run across any yet, but apparently they have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I read the description of the Audio Authority piece and I have one question. It says that it does 480i and 480p but will it do any HD? Have you confirmed this or anyone else for that matter as it seems to be a pretty popular devise on this forum. Thanks again for all your help.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooneAV
I read the description of the Audio Authority piece and I have one question. It says that it does 480i and 480p but will it do any HD? Have you confirmed this or anyone else for that matter as it seems to be a pretty popular devise on this forum. Thanks again for all your help.
I have an AA 9A62. There is a jumper or switch on the inside that enables HD resolutions. One of those "undocumented features" - except the documentation that I have came from AA.:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Could you divulge more info on this undocumented feature? :)

I just got a Dish Network 811 receiver to replace my D* DTC-100 and when I set it to 1080i, the top of the screen gets all curly but it works beautifully in 480p. I'm using the 9A62 with an old RCA MM36100 set.

Thanks!

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
I just installed a 9A65 with the new Motorola digital cable box (HD) and played with 480p, 1080i and 720p. It locked no problem and gave a great image. THat was tied to an NEC PG Xtra projector.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.