AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize about multiple posts but I don't know where my problem might get read first. I have hooked up my Zenith receiver with to my antenna and have successfully locked on all local digital channels. Unfortunately, when I switch to 1080i I cannot get video. Does anybody have solutions? I have tried switch the component cables to see if that was the problem without success.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
271 Posts
What TV do you have?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Are you sure the output switch isn't set to 720p ? Does moving the Type switch from component to VGA have any influence?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its set at the 1080i and I just get the blue screen. The only way I don't get a blue screen is on the 480 i setting. I tried moving it from VGA to component and I get a flash and then it goes blue.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Post to the Rear Projector forum in case there are some gotchas with this Pioneer model, otherwise bring another Zenith (or other) STB into the mix to see what in the world is going on - that's nasty.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are there any other Zenith receiver users who can advise on what happens when they change the switch?

Thanks,

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'll switch to this thread.

I have a Zenith feeding a Toshiba TW56x81. The Tosh doesn't accept 720. So I get picture at 1080, nothing at 720, and picture at 480p. Does the Zenith put out 480i over the component outputs? I'm out of town now so I can't check, but I thought the 480i was only on s-video.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, the Zenith doesn't seem to put anything out over the component outputs the s-video is the only thing working at 480i. I suspect its DOA. Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I know it sounds simple, but make sure that you haven't switched up the Yr and Yb component cables. When I connected these cables in poor lighting, I mixed up the green and blue and got a blue picture. If that isn't the problem, I think you have a defective receiver.

Andrew

·
Registered
33,553 Posts
I think Andrew's solution is probably the best. It sounds like you may have mixed up your cabling. If you throw the component/VGA switch in the wrong postion that also causes no picture.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've now closed out three separate posts. I apologize for starting these threads in so many places but I was desparate. Andrew was correct I had the blue and green reversed.

Thanks guys for coming to my rescue.

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.