Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Search Words: Zenith SAT-520 SAT520 520 Freeze Hang Reboot Signal OTA

---------------------------

For the last week I have found that my OTA channels on my SAT-520 to be unavailable. When I select the channel (5-1 for example), I get the message the channel is unavailable and I hit the Singal meeter and it is at about 40% but not moving, it is frozen. This is the case for most of the digital channels in my area (2-1, 5-1,7-1,9-1) but is not the case for some of the secondary or Analog channels (7, 7-2). And the DirecTV channels are fine as well.

A cycle of the power fixes it, but it is a tad annoying. I have the firmware 1.04.

Any ideas on what is causing this? Most of my OTA reception levels are above 80% with the 2nd worst being at 70% and the worst being 50% (out of the channels I am supposed to be receiving).

The unit is on it's own surge protector now (makes it easier to recycle the power) but it is still hapening.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
602 Posts
I can't answer your questions, but after the recent huricanes, my electric power (PECO) clicked off and back on. My 520 appeared to be dead. I unplugged it a couple of times and started looking for my warranty info when it just came back to life.

Went out and bought new top 'o the line power surge/arresters the next morning!

Whew!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I would be willing to bet that you could narrow the problem down to a certain channel causing it. Then give that broadcaster a call.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.