Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Just though I would give a short review on two over the air indoor antennas. I have both the Megawave-1A and the Zenith Silver Sensor. MegaWave-1A cost around $70 and the Zenith SS cost $20 from buy.com. I have them hooked up to the Zenith 520 Recceiver and my HLN567W. I live about 5-10 miles from most of the broadcast towers.

There is no doubt that the Zentih SS outpreforms the MegaWave-1A I get a stronger signal and pick up signals that I couldn't with the MegaWave-1A. If you need an over the air Antenna, I recommend the Zenith Silver Sensor over the MegaWave - don't waste your money and don't listen to titantv.com's recommendation.

Prof. Dave

·
Registered
70 Posts
Titan-tv.com recommended the Megawave for my location probably because I am directly in the middle of two metropolitan areas (Baltimore and DC) from which I wish to receive DT signals. If I want to use a Silver Sensor, would I need two--one each to point in opposite directions?

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
The Silver Sensor is tremendously directional and tends not to receive signals from the "sides" or "back".

·
Registered
520 Posts
Terp Fan,

Do a search or post your question on the HDTV Local Info forum. They've had many threads on multi-directional antenna setups.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Fenech
Terp Fan,

Do a search or post your question on the HDTV Local Info forum. They've had many threads on multi-directional antenna setups.
Will do. Sorry, I had done a search for the Megawave and ended up posting to this thread to see what Prof Dave thought. Didn't realize we were in the Rear Proj Units forum. Again, sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.