AVS Forum banner

281 - 300 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
I just received the Zidoo Z9X. However, I cannot find the option to turn off the subtitle. When I go to the subtitle menu, I see multiple options but none of which can turn off the subtitle. Strange. How can I turn off the subtitle? Thanks.
Try <Quick Settings/Playback/Language/Subtitle> "Off"

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
@markswift2003

I just received my Z9X today, it's a nice player so far....I have a couple of questions. Is it able to do multichannel SACD audio like the Dune yet? Also, sometimes when starting and stopping videos, the screen flickers.....goes out and comes back. Is their a way to mitigate that? Still playing with the unit but the media center is truly superior to the Dune's.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
@markswift2003

I just received my Z9X today, it's a nice player so far....I have a couple of questions. Is it able to do multichannel SACD audio like the Dune yet? Also, sometimes when starting and stopping videos, the screen flickers.....goes out and comes back. Is their a way to mitigate that? Still playing with the unit but the media center is truly superior to the Dune's.
Not sure about SACD playback as it's something I haven't tried - @Nice Monkey is probably the best guy to ask about that.

The blanking will be the display resyncing when modes change.

This happens when resolution changes, framerate changes or HDR mode changes so the best way to mitigate it is to set the gui to the mode that most of your content uses.

For example if most of you content is 2K23 SDR then set the gui to 1080p23 and HDR mode to "Auto" that way the gui displays in 2K23 SDR so when you pay 2K23 SDR content it won't resync.

Reactions: tbass2k

·
Registered
2 Posts
@markswift2003

yes it can play SACD (dsf,dsd, iso etc).

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I'm aware it can play sacd, but it appears only 2 channel right now. I'm sure a firmware upgrade will add multichannel. Especially since the Dune hd pro 4k 2 just released a beta firmware that enables multichannel sacd and both players essentially have the same processor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm aware it can play sacd, but it appears only 2 channel right now. I'm sure a firmware upgrade will add multichannel. Especially since the Dune hd pro 4k 2 just released a beta firmware that enables multichannel sacd and both players essentially have the same processor.
oh my bad, yes its only 2 channel right now, fingers crossed for a firmware that adds mch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Zidoo 1000pro has a little problem when I try to move files from folder tot folder. When I try to cut and past a file to another folder, Zidoo 1000pro get a message "Not Succeeded". My Zidoo X10 has no problems with that. Copy and Delete does work. Probably a bug? I'm using the newest firmware.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys,
I have a Zapitti One but i´m thinking in buy a Zidoo Z9X because the HDR+
I have a Panasonic Oled 55FZ800 and cannot use HDR+ with Zapitti.
My question is whether the upgrade is worth.
And the picture quality is superior to Zapitti?
Someone who has already used both can give an opinion please

·
Registered
Epson 5040UB projector, Denon 6300, 7.1.4 setup, M&K THX speakers and SVS subwoofer
3,140 Posts
Does the Z9X support display of MPO files which are 3D image files?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
So I power on my zidoo tonight and I'm continually getting "system ui is not responding" errors. I rebooted, factory restored, same thing. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
So I power on my zidoo tonight and I'm continually getting "system ui is not responding" errors. I rebooted, factory restored, same thing. Any help would be appreciated.
What firmware?

Does it get to boot up to the GUI then throw the error or does it throw the error before reaching the gui?

Can you screenshot the message?

Do you have any USB drives plugged in? If so what model?

What was the last thing you did with the box before it threw the error?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
What firmware?

Does it get to boot up to the GUI then throw the error or does it throw the error before reaching the gui?

Can you screenshot the message?

Do you have any USB drives plugged in? If so what model?

What was the last thing you did with the box before it threw the error?
v6.0.45_G, It would bootup to the GUI and then pop the error.....after maybe 3-4 minutes, then it would freeze up and I would have to manually reboot the unit. This would happen regardless of whether I was watching a movie or just sitting at the main menu. I factory restored the unit and it did the same thing. I finally flashed back to v6.0.22_G and then V6.0.35_G. So far so good.

What's weird is that v6.0.45_G was working fine up until yesterday (I have had the unit since last Friday). I didn't load any new apps or anything, all I've mainly been doing is playing with the home theater 4 and organizing my collection. It's like the firmware became corrupt. I like to stay on the latest betas but I'm hesitant now.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #297
v6.0.45_G, It would bootup to the GUI and then pop the error.....after maybe 3-4 minutes, then it would freeze up and I would have to manually reboot the unit. This would happen regardless of whether I was watching a movie or just sitting at the main menu. I factory restored the unit and it did the same thing. I finally flashed back to v6.0.22_G and then V6.0.35_G. So far so good.

What's weird is that v6.0.45_G was working fine up until yesterday (I have had the unit since last Friday). I didn't load any new apps or anything, all I've mainly been doing is playing with the home theater 4 and organizing my collection. It's like the firmware became corrupt. I like to stay on the latest betas but I'm hesitant now.
Very odd - glad it's sorted but it's be nice to know what caused it.

Along with a few other members here I've been beta testing this since before public release, and in the early days it felt very much like an Alpha release but even at that stage it all worked, it just had a few interesting quirks - but I've not seen the gui app crash which is what this looks like.

I wouldn't worry about keeping up with public betas as in all honesty, a device like this is really always in beta so a "release" version is really just a beta by another name - I've not seen any betas, private or public that are cause for concern - the platform is pretty stable.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Quick question, does anybody know if the RS232 3.5mm port can be used as an IR trigger port from Harmony Hub?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
Quick question, does anybody know if the RS232 3.5mm port can be used as an IR trigger port from Harmony Hub?
Thanks
Sorry no - it's an RS232 port only.

Does the Harmony Hub not do RS232? If it does, it's worth pursuing because the RS232 protocol is extremely robust and allows discrete power commands unlike IP & IR.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Very odd - glad it's sorted but it's be nice to know what caused it.

Along with a few other members here I've been beta testing this since before public release, and in the early days it felt very much like an Alpha release but even at that stage it all worked, it just had a few interesting quirks - but I've not seen the gui app crash which is what this looks like.

I wouldn't worry about keeping up with public betas as in all honesty, a device like this is really always in beta so a "release" version is really just a beta by another name - I've not seen any betas, private or public that are cause for concern - the platform is pretty stable.
So I'm getting the system UI is not responding error again. It happened last night about 30 seconds after I took the unit out of standby and was about to navigate the movie wall (in hometheater 4) for a show. It started to scan my drives for updated files and then froze. I hard rebooted the machine and then it froze soon after booting up to the main GUI. This was on v6.0.30_G.

Any ideas? This is gettin old....and seems to happen after several days of the system working somewhat stable.

281 - 300 of 321 Posts