301 - 320 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
So I'm getting the system UI is not responding error again. It happened last night about 30 seconds after I took the unit out of standby and was about to navigate the movie wall (in hometheater 4) for a show. It started to scan my drives for updated files and then froze. I hard rebooted the machine and then it froze soon after booting up to the main GUI. This was on v6.0.30_G.

Any ideas? This is gettin old....and seems to happen after several days of the system working somewhat stable.
So when you say it booted up to the main GUI do you mean the Android home screen or HT4? Just trying to understand whether HT4 is the issue or the OS.

So did it freeze on the main home screen or HT4 and was there an error message and if so what?

How are your drives connected? USB or network?

You say it was scanning on the first crash - had you added new content?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
No, it has IR, IP and BT but no RS232.
Shame - IP control is robust but the issue is if you turn it off (either full off or standby) then it won't boot up again because the network card goes into low power mode and will only respond to a WOL magic packet. So you then need to incorporate WOL into the logic.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sorry no - it's an RS232 port only.

Does the Harmony Hub not do RS232? If it does, it's worth pursuing because the RS232 protocol is extremely robust and allows discrete power commands unlike IP & IR.
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
So when you say it booted up to the main GUI do you mean the Android home screen or HT4? Just trying to understand whether HT4 is the issue or the OS.

So did it freeze on the main home screen or HT4 and was there an error message and if so what?

How are your drives connected? USB or network?

You say it was scanning on the first crash - had you added new content?
The error popped up on HT4 first, so I then rebooted and it did it on the homescreen also. I shut the unit off with the switch Tuesday night and left it off all day yesterday until last night...when I turned it on....I got no picture but the unit was responding because I could navigate it on the Zidoo app. I was finally able to get a picture on it by switching the resolution to 2160p 24hz from auto (which I didn't set, somehow the resolution switched from 2160p 23hz to Auto). When I would try and switch to 2160p 23hz I couldn't get a picture so I just stuck with the 24hz.

I also deleted the Chrome app....just in case it might have been causing issues in the background. I also cut off the autostart trailers and a few other options in HT4 settings. So far I haven't had any issues again but this issue always seems to manifest itself after a few days.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank you so much for this piece of review art!

Have a question. I noticed, that playing 1080p content the unit is a bit inferior in comparison with ATV4K. As far as I have all my collection in this , or even DVD format, and do not plan to change this situation, my question is - is this weakness visible in real life or this is obvious only on specific test patterns? Looking critically (or realistically) on those test, that might be the case :). My screen is 108" and I sit in about 6 m (this is why 1080p, do not see difference with higher resolution from that distance, and closer is not comfortable for me). If I understand the review correct, all important for me things - correct AFR on all frequencies, optical audio output, and UI very similar to ATV's one (in some way even better - for example HT has titles under every poster in PosterWall view, not of the only selected one) - are better or not worse than in ATV4K. So, if you think (and you opinion is very valuable for me), that for my viewing situation in real life watching Zidoo is not worse than ATV4K in PQ - it will be the last nail in the coffin of ATV with it's bloody 24.000 problem, which (problem), I guess, will exist forever.

And again many thanks for beautiful review.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
On the test pattern it is mixed between Infuse and Zidoo. Sometimes Infuse is better and sometimes Zidoo, but they are very similar.
As I don't have projector and just a tiny 65" TV I can't truly answer your question regarding real life performance, sorry. It really bothers me to not have a projector anymore because on a massive screen you can spot the tiniest imperfections.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you so much for this piece of review art!

Have a question. I noticed, that playing 1080p content the unit is a bit inferior in comparison with ATV4K. As far as I have all my collection in this , or even DVD format, and do not plan to change this situation, my question is - is this weakness visible in real life or this is obvious only on specific test patterns? Looking critically (or realistically) on those test, that might be the case :). My screen is 108" and I sit in about 6 m (this is why 1080p, do not see difference with higher resolution from that distance, and closer is not comfortable for me). If I understand the review correct, all important for me things - correct AFR on all frequencies, optical audio output, and UI very similar to ATV's one (in some way even better - for example HT has titles under every poster in PosterWall view, not of the only selected one) - are better or not worse than in ATV4K. So, if you think (and you opinion is very valuable for me), that for my viewing situation in real life watching Zidoo is not worse than ATV4K in PQ - it will be the last nail in the coffin of ATV with it's bloody 24.000 problem, which (problem), I guess, will exist forever.

And again many thanks for beautiful review.
Hi
had my Z9X for week or so now ,and it must be the test patterns
Vs the earlier Z9S model its clearly a better picture
and a real nice thing the forced DV (LL mode) can really work a treat too...my example is 4/3 ratio 1800p mkv bluray rips for Space 1999 series from 1975/6
with DV turned off colours tend to be washed out ,black starry night skies are more a deep gray
With DV turned on Clolour look awesome ,and the starry night skies are inky black......really made a big improvement

Remember thou,its still in early beta firmware ,so there are issues
ive found with the DV forced on ,some 720 and 1070p 16/9 series are stuck in a forced 4/3 which z9x and tv cant change

DV playback atm also struggles a little with chapter changes(thats what it timing out to be to me anyways) with very tiny stutter and sometimes even has the DB flash back up on TV

Still trying to get an actual working mel 8 conversion to go
Mel 7 mkvs from makemkv .53 atm bring up DV and atmos fine,but 4 5 mins in and suddenly picture starts to stutter and audio lags by about 2 secs

Good thing with zidoo is theyre always working on the firmware updates so hopefully itll all sort out

Normal playback vs the old Z9S model is defintley better

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi, I have a zappiti but have some long-standing issues that likely will never be fixed. Can anyone answer the following questions for me regarding the Z9X?

I will be using it this with HDMI out only (no analog or SPDIF) and all media will be from a local NAS (nothing connected to the actual player).

1. DSD playback. Will it play DSD from a browser over HDMI? I will not be storing files locally, all files will be on a NAS
2. remote. RF or IR or both?
3. Protocols: is something other than SMB1 (like NFS or later SMB) supported?
4. wired ethernet: GbE or 100bT?
5. will this play native folder BMDV and ISOs? In other words, if I point the player to an NFS directory where there's a movie in folder format, will it play it? Will it show the full menu?
6. ability to play just about everything... FLAC 192khz, mp4, ISO, DSD, mkv, etc?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Successor to the Z9S just announced - the Zidoo Z9X based on Realtek 1619:

Realtek RTD1619DR will be the basis of the upcoming Zidoo Z9X media player.
The device will run on Android 9.0 and OpenWRT.
The amount of DDR4 RAM is 2 GB, and the internal storage will be 16 GB eMMC memory, there will be one SATA 6 Gb / s port on board.
Video output and input correspond to HDMI 2.0a, audio streams are output via HDMI, or S / PDIF, pass-through audio output is supported.
There is also a Gigabit Ethernet port and an 802.11ac / Bluetooth 4.2 Wi-Fi adapter, there are two USB 3.0 ports and two USB 2.0.
Information about the cost and start of sales will be available in the near future.

Technical Specs:

Color: Aluminum Gray
Screen: LED
Operating System: Android 9.0
Processor: Realtek RTD1619DR ARM Cortex-A55 (Hexa-core)
RAM: 2GB (DDR4)
Flash memory: 16GB eMMC
Wi-Fi: 802.11 AC, MIMO Dual-Band WIFI
Ethernet: 1 * RJ-45 Ethernet Jack (10/100 / 1000Mbps)
Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2
HDMI Out: HDMI 2.0a, support 4K @ 60fps, HDR10, HDR10 +, Dolby Vision
Video decoding: HDR, HDR10 +, Dolby Vision, 10-bit HEVC / H.265 up to 4K @ 60fps, VP9 up to 4K @ 60fps, H.264 up to 4K @ 24fps
Audio Decoding: MP3 / WMA / AAC / WAV / AC3 / DTS / OGG / FLAC / APE / SACD / DFF / DSF / APE etc.
Network Protocol Support: NFS, SMB2
USB: 2 * USB 3.0, 2 * USB 2.0
SATA: 1 * SATA3.0
HDMI: 1xHDMI Out + 1xHDMI In
Other interfaces: 1 * IR Receiver, 1 * Composite video and audio port (Cvbs Out), 1 * SPDIF (2CH, 5.1 CH), 1 * 3.5mm RS232.2 * External High-Gain Antenna

Same form factor and socket layout as Z9S but gun metal grey like the X9S, with larger antenna which unfortunately, like the Z9S, are not removable (without surgery!)

With the latest Zidoo front end and the addition of HDR10+ and Dolby Vision, this should beat the new Dune hands down.

hello.
ZIDOO Z9X have a fake information. THE DEVICE not read DOLBY VISION......THA'S IS GOOD FAKE .FAKE.FAKE
the support of zidoo firm directly explains to me that the original films in dolby vision are read but are sent to the tv in hdr10 +, this is the fake of that deceive ....

then it has Dolby VS10 chipset engine that transforms SDR titles into dolby vision in Dolby Vision Low Latency(LLDV), that is, it transforms SDR films into good quality, they say it is very close to dv. But it's not true. so I immediately returned the multimedia player to amazon and buy oppo udp 203 which instead reads the original dolby vision very well. in conclusion, a nice fake advertised on all specialized coverings and on futeko l the European import of the zidoo.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Could you please stop double posting wrong information?
1.The Zidoo supports DV just fine. Me and several other people have it working. The important distinction is between the different Dolby Vision profiles.
2. Dolby Vision Material is not send as HDR10+. The Dolby Vision engine doesn’t even support HDR10+ (It only uses the HDR10 “core”). HDR10+ is handled by the Realtek SoC and only send in case your video is HDR10+.

So what files explicitly did you test when you had the device? What DV profiles were they?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Received my Zidoo z9x...

Is there any way to use my titles of movies (exactly as I named them) in posterwall and stop using downloaded? Can't find the way, sorry

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #315
Received my Zidoo z9x...

Is there any way to use my titles of movies (exactly as I named them) in posterwall and stop using downloaded? Can't find the way, sorry
Yes - you can edit the name in the web interface - http://IP_ADDRESS:9528 or have a look in HT4 settings/about for the address.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes - you can edit the name in the web interface - http://IP_ADDRESS:9528 or have a look in HT4 settings/about for the address.
Well... It looks like this box can't show the title in posterwall with the name as it is. I have movies titles in two languages - original, russian, and the year. In file view zidoo shows them as they are, but in posterwall on ly in one (selected) language and no year. OK, I can live without year (it will appear after) but missing bilingual naming is very sad.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dear friends,

Is there any place, where one can find clear explanation what should be done to force zidoo to understand (and reflect in posterwall) the content on NAS in the way, it was created? I mean if content has folders with movies and subfolders with other movies with the names given by me, and all this is reflected correctly in the file view (including bilingual naming) - why it can't be reflected the same way in posterwall, like ATV or WDTV do. Is there any knowledge base of naming the large archive with custom named folders and subfolders?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #318 (Edited)
Dear friends,

Is there any place, where one can find clear explanation what should be done to force zidoo to understand (and reflect in posterwall) the content on NAS in the way, it was created? I mean if content has folders with movies and subfolders with other movies with the names given by me, and all this is reflected correctly in the file view (including bilingual naming) - why it can't be reflected the same way in posterwall, like ATV or WDTV do. Is there any knowledge base of naming the large archive with custom named folders and subfolders?
If you want to view the folder structure as is then just use Media Center and adjust the view per your requirements using the "Viewport" option in the menu on the right - you can also filter by Video, Music, Image or APK if you like.

HT4 is a Jukebox app and so aggregates all your sources whether on different drives or just different folders into one place then scrapes and sorts the content - if you want to then add custom categories, you can.

There's no documentation as such but there's plenty of advice over on the Zidoo forums:

I'm not exactly sure what you're after but I think it's kind of halfway between the folder view of Media Center and the Jukebox view of HT4 which I don't think exists. Perhaps if you could screenshot what the ATV or WDTV does that would make it clearer..

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you want to view the folder structure as is then just use Media Center and adjust the view per your requirements using the "Viewport" option in the menu on the right - you can also filter by Video, Music, Image or APK if you like.

HT4 is a Jukebox app and so aggregates all your sources whether on different drives or just different folders into one place then scrapes and sorts the content - if you want to then add custom categories, you can.

There's no documentation as such but there's plenty of advice over on the Zidoo forums:

I'm not exactly sure what you're after but I think it's kind of halfway between the folder view of Media Center and the Jukebox view of HT4 which I don't think exists. Perhaps if you could screenshot what the ATV or WDTV does that would make it clearer..
Thank you so much for your advices. I allredy understood, that if ATV and WDTV show archive in the way I made it, Zidoo will force me to make archive according to it's understanding. For example - on NAS I have a folder named Actors (no poster in it) and inside I have folders Belmondo, Delon, Gabin, Eastwood, etc. each with the portrait of actor named Folder and some movies with their posters named exactly as movies (in Russian and original). So ATV in it's postewall reflects it as portraits of actors with their names and clicking on it opens another posterwall with posters of movies named in Russian and original, clicking on which opens description of the movie and so on. And Zidoo in this case will be total disaster with a mixture of wrong names, trying to make strange collections etc. One have to follow the way of standard categories like Comedy, Military, Drama, TV, etc. Which is ... sad. I want it personal, not standard. The only way (technically), I managed to find on the moment to keep all my folders as they are - to create a 'source' in main menu of HT from every single folder - but that create a huge amount of 'sources' on the screen :). I'll go on trying to adopt myself to Zidoo way of thinking and see who will be winner :).

BTW, you mentioned HT4, I checked the update, Zidoo said you're up to date, but I have HT3. Any idea? Or advice?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #320
Thank you so much for your advices. I allredy understood, that if ATV and WDTV show archive in the way I made it, Zidoo will force me to make archive according to it's understanding. For example - on NAS I have a folder named Actors (no poster in it) and inside I have folders Belmondo, Delon, Gabin, Eastwood, etc. each with the portrait of actor named Folder and some movies with their posters named exactly as movies (in Russian and original). So ATV in it's postewall reflects it as portraits of actors with their names and clicking on it opens another posterwall with posters of movies named in Russian and original, clicking on which opens description of the movie and so on. And Zidoo in this case will be total disaster with a mixture of wrong names, trying to make strange collections etc. One have to follow the way of standard categories like Comedy, Military, Drama, TV, etc. Which is ... sad. I want it personal, not standard. The only way (technically), I managed to find on the moment to keep all my folders as they are - to create a 'source' in main menu of HT from every single folder - but that create a huge amount of 'sources' on the screen :). I'll go on trying to adopt myself to Zidoo way of thinking and see who will be winner :).

BTW, you mentioned HT4, I checked the update, Zidoo said you're up to date, but I have HT3. Any idea? Or advice?
Right - I understand now - so as I think you've found out, the Zidoo won't support that level of detail in the way it catalogues the data - you have a certain amount of control with both the on screen and web interface which is improving all the time, but every manufacturer has a different way of doing it.

The online update can be a bit eratic, particularly at the moment while development is quite busy.

The latest firmware is v6.0.45 and can be downloaded here:

Z9X v6.0.45_G
Download: http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9X/v6.0.45/Z9X_P_v6.0.45_G_202009252103_ota-package.zip

Z9X v6.0.45
Download:http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9X/v6.0.45/Z9X_P_v6.0.45_202009251852_ota-package.zip

The "G" version includes Googe Play Store, the non "G" version does not.
This includes the HT4 update

To keep up to date with developments, have a look at the Zidoo forum here:

HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR) | Zidoo forum

301 - 320 of 321 Posts