AVS Forum banner

561 - 580 of 614 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #562
I can't see why that wouldn't be correct - it's on DHCP so I assume the router address is correct.

Can you ping the IP address from a PC?

Also, what firmware version - looks like an old one from the spelling of "Gatway"

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I have a 4 TB NTFS drive connected to the USB 3 connector on my Z9X, have Samba setup, have been able to successfully copy large files (e. g., 30 GB+) from my Windows 10 PC (Windows Explorer) to the drive connected to the Z9X until today when I started getting 0x8007003b error. I restarted my PC, Zidoo and router. Smaller files I tried 1 TB copied fine today. As I said the last time I did this a few days ago all was good. Any thoughts?
A quick Google shows it's a well known Windows 10 error - If nothing has changed in the network or the Z9X then my first thought is a Windows update.

Found this on Technet that might help:

Hm. When I had the issue it was my router - needed to reboot it.
WW98 mentioned he rebooted his and the issue persists. Maybe check for a firmware update on it?

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Reactions: johng

·
Registered
1 Posts
UPDATE MORE TESTING. WITH MY NETWORK..

Just borrowed my buddies older x9s model.

X9s when using same wires (just swapped out Z9X) it played upto 350Mbs jelly fish files perfect.. not one stutter.
Also tried few movies that Z9X had stutter, all works smooth and perfect with x9s and z9s NOT Z9X...
This is using same SMB shares etc..

Now to test when other players come.. but not looking good
same here

·
Registered
308 Posts
I haven't ordered my Z9X yet but noticed this the Z10 was recently released.
Link
Can't really tell the difference except price and the internal HD bay.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Since installing the latest update (to v6.0.90) my Zidoo has gone wacky! The box has shut down and restarted in the middle of movies (at least it restarts where the movie left off), HDR is incredibly oversaturated (Red, in particular). Audio was out of synch (at least I was able to fix that). Is the Factory Reset procedure the same as for previous boxes? The Z9x manual does not specify reset instructions (at least none that I can find).

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #571
Since installing the latest update (to v6.0.90) my Zidoo has gone wacky! The box has shut down and restarted in the middle of movies (at least it restarts where the movie left off), HDR is incredibly oversaturated (Red, in particular). Audio was out of synch (at least I was able to fix that). Is the Factory Reset procedure the same as for previous boxes? The Z9x manual does not specify reset instructions (at least none that I can find).
Wow! I've got 2 boxes on v6.0.90 and one on v6.0.60 (in the theatre room) and I've not seen anything like that.

Factory reset is the same as the other Zidoos - Quick Settings/Other/Recovery and reset/Restore Factory

If you want to revert to previous firmware you need to first go back to a full USB image:

and then you can update to whichever OTA firmware you choose - I'd suggest v6.0.60 for now:

This procedure is not without risk and you must follow the instructions absolutely to the letter...

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Wow! I've got 2 boxes on v6.0.90 and one on v6.0.60 (in the theatre room) and I've not seen anything like that.

Factory reset is the same as the other Zidoos - Quick Settings/Other/Recovery and reset/Restore Factory

If you want to revert to previous firmware you need to first go back to a full USB image:

and then you can update to whichever OTA firmware you choose - I'd suggest v6.0.60 for now:

This procedure is not without risk and you must follow the instructions absolutely to the letter...
Thanks, Mark. I will give 6.0.60 a try. If that doesn't fix the problems, I'll try .66 again.

Reactions: markswift2003

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I'm new to Zidoo. I have just set up my Z9x, when I scan for covers it does not find many of them even though I can search for the film title on TMDB and it finds them. Is there anything I am doing wrong? The films that are missing are big films and have been out for years, so its not that they have just been released and are not on the data base.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #574
Hi,
I'm new to Zidoo. I have just set up my Z9x, when I scan for covers it does not find many of them even though I can search for the film title on TMDB and it finds them. Is there anything I am doing wrong? The films that are missing are big films and have been out for years, so its not that they have just been released and are not on the data base.
Like any scaper, the big thing about getting accurate scraping is naming and the Zidoo one can be fussy. The movie name should be as close as possible to the exact spelling and punctuation as the name in TMDB. Additional wording or numbers will confuse it unless in line with the attached pdf.

Obviously because it's a file name, such characters as / \ : etc can't be used in which case I'll either just ignore that character or use a dash (-).

If you want to append the filename with additional details to enhance the details page, the attached document gives the protocol.

I have a library of 400 plus movies on the Zidoo, carefully named, (not big by some people's standards I know) and the scraper gets pretty much all of them.

Another tip is once you have the library tidy, export NFOs and CoverArt and set the scraper to use them by precedence for future scrapes, that way if you want to rescrape the whole lot you end up with the same art etc (TMDB have a habit of moving stuff around). And also backup the database regularly.

Attachments

Reactions: johng

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got this box and I have some issues with it. So far I'm exclusively using DVD ISOs.

1) Subtitles are always on. Whether using the DVD menu or the native player controls I don't seem to be able to turn them off. If I select a different language then they change to that language but if I select off then I still get subtitles. I've tried all the settings and nothing seems to get rid of them. This has happened on every DVD I have tried.

2) Several DVDs seem to have issues with the aspect ratio. With "A Bugs Life" for instance, the 16:9 version comes up in 4:3. This is correctable via the native player controls but it means guessing what the correct aspect ratio is.

3) The poster search hasn't done a very good job for me. I suspect this is because my ISO files just have the volume label of the DVD but they are each in their own folder which has the full title and release year (and probably poster artwork and metadata files too). Is there any way to get it to use any of this information when searching? I know I can search manually but typing in the full title with the remote is a pain.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is there any way to use z9x as a dlna server? My pc sees it as a dlna device, but my tv does not, I tried to use dlna server apk, but i can not get it to work
I have 1TB SSD and 4TB HDD(USB3) connected to it (I upgraded my psu to 5amp one instead of stock 2 amp) , the drives are shared via smb and there is no problem to use them as drives from pc or even from the iphone. However i'm planning to get a bedroom tv and it would be nice to share my movie library with dlna cause most of tv's support it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Z9X - SMB playback issues while streaming from NAS
I open one new thread for this topic since it seems to be a general problem of Zidoo firmware OR HT4 build OR SMB settings on NAS.
Problem: When streaming movies from NAS after some minutes it starts to stutter and sometimes the whole HT4 crashes leading to Home Screen view!
I use a Synology NAS cabled connection via Switch (1Gb) latency around 2ms, still drops when streaming movies over SMB (also stutters with NFS 2-4 times in a movie, tried several formats and sizes).
I too have random stuttering.. Over wired gig Lan connection..
All zidoo models prior to thr Z9X and every computer in house can play the same SMB share perfect with no stuttering..
The Z9X at random points, will stert to stutter.. even on low bitrate scenes..
on zidoo at least last few versions, I found nfs to perform worse than SMB. On my dune player, I found nfs better.
Even now after testing I still get stuttering with nfs and SMB.. but think maybe it's a faulty player the more I test.
The stutters were in original few firmware releases but were fixed for me. Issue was reported as IPv6 related.
After flashing 85 firmware the stutters have returned is this a new freezing issue or have they forgot to include the IPv6 patch?
I have exactly the same problem. All movies are jerky over the smb network. I have installed the latest beta 0.90.
Yes, I noticed that too. Also, troubles accessing NFS shares arise. I've experienced the latter myself. I had to change the fixed IP back & forth to be able to access my NFS shares again. During scanning an added NFS musicfolder in the musicplayer app, the screen suddenly pops back to the homescreen, leaving my added folder "Invalid". I still can't add a NFS share that has too many files :-(
So I also would definitely say that since last fw there's something changed in network behaviour, not for the better.
The problem is reproducible without problem provided that the parameters are not constantly reset to factory values or any modification. If we watch continuously for example series, the third viewing (for example at the end of episode 3) the problem of stuttering will appear. On the other hand, it suffices to reset the parameters to zero or to touch the configuration and indeed the reading of the first one will pass without problem. In any case the problem comes from the caching, I have already indicated it in a post. There is a big problem in caching and in configuration resilience (parameter that jumps, etc.). YOU have to stabilize all that.

·
Registered
Zidoo Z9X, Panasonic TX-55GZ950E, Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar.
15 Posts
Thanks for feedback...

I am still waiting for last 2 zidoo to arrive in mail.
Once they do come in I will test.. looks like my unit might be faulty..
Even with internal usb and jellyfish files, I get stutter at 300Mbs..
There has to be something going on here. I refuse to believe that it is my network now. I have a gigabit internet connection and with speedtests I get 970 Mbps while every other device in my network that plays UHD HDR high bitrate files does it without a hitch. Two players that encounter exactly the same problem but a Shield Pro and Dune 4K connected on the same gigabit switch where the Zidoo is play the same files effortlessly. Could someone please let Zidoo look into this because since I'm not alone with this issue anymore I'm starting to smell something fishy.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
There has to be something going on here. I refuse to believe that it is my network now. I have a gigabit internet connection and with speedtests I get 970 Mbps while every other device in my network that plays UHD HDR high bitrate files does it without a hitch. Two players that encounter exactly the same problem but a Shield Pro and Dune 4K connected on the same gigabit switch where the Zidoo is play the same files effortlessly. Could someone please let Zidoo look into this because since I'm not alone with this issue anymore I'm starting to smell something fishy.
Agreed.. I think it's a firmware issue for sure..

I just got the Dune 4k pro II, and same wires and network etc .. All play smooth and no stutter.

Even pulled out my x9s zidoo, and played perfect.

·
Registered
Zidoo Z9X, Panasonic TX-55GZ950E, Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar.
15 Posts
Agreed.. I think it's a firmware issue for sure..

I just got the Dune 4k pro II, and same wires and network etc .. All play smooth and no stutter.

Even pulled out my x9s zidoo, and played perfect.
Thanks for that confirmation. I was thinking on pulling the trigger on the pro 4k II but was hesitant if the issues would be chipset related. If Zidoo doesn't fix it in a couple of weeks it goes out the door and I'll get myself one of those as well.

561 - 580 of 614 Posts