Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have a Zoltrix Genie TV capture card running under Win 98SE. I only use the S-Video I/P and everthing works fine.

I would like to upgrade to Win 2000 but the Zoltrix site seems a little unclear as to the question of will TV Genie run under 2000.

So I guess my question is if anyone is using TV Genie under Win 2000.

While I am at it. Could I get some opinions as to weather it is even worthwhile to switch from 98SE to 2000.

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I have used win2k and win98.

XP is great because I can go back to previous set points easily when I try dirvers that are not good for the system. After follwing the vdieo tweeks, it runs as fast as win2k did.

I use a 2496 dio with the latest m0audio dirvers for that to my Lexicon DC-1. That works as well. TT, ATI 7500 and a ASus P4-TE motherboard with ide drives.

Firewire is easy with XP. I guess the big deal is the "restore" point for me.

KBK's modfied card is better than the standard one-but his instructions for getting vertical bars out may help enough as well.

Dscaler 4 is great with this card for s-vhs input.

Sorry for rambling.

Joel

·
Registered
16,819 Posts
I too use the KBK modded Zoltrix Genie TV under WinXP and it works great . I don't use the supplied remote however as I could never get it to work properly under WinXP [ I have an AST remote with Girder to control the HTPC ] .

-- Consider also that WinXP is much more stable than any other Windows OS , plus I find it to be a bit faster than Win98se/Me [ I used to run a dual boot HTPC with WinMe and WinXP ] .

-- After using both WinMe and WinXP Pro for the HTPC WinXP is the way to go IMO unless you wish to run Interlaced resolutions [1080i] .

---- Jason Berg

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
KBK's modfied card is better than the standard one-but his instructions for getting vertical bars out may help enough as well

If I get the unmodified version there will be problems with vertical bars?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.