AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning Everyone,

I am looking to using a Denon AVR 1910 or AVR 2310 as a power source for an audio application. Both have all I need from a power and function standpoint. Two zones (zone 1 having 4 speakers, zone 2 having 2 speakers). I only want to use it for audio not home theater, so if anyone has other Amp suggestions in this general price range please fire them out.

What I am looking for is a wall mounted keypad that can control volume and input selection only (at least, but that is all I need) for the Amp. This will be mounted in zone 1. That Amp will be located in another room approximately 30 feet away (in zone 2). I am looking for (preferably a cabled/wired) keypad application that can cover those functions. Any 3rd party application that has these functions would be fine?

The two ways I see that it might work with Denon is: 1) Use the Room to Rom In/Out Remote Control plug on the 1910 or the 2310. Does anyone know of any keypad manufactures to check? 2) Use the RS-232C Serial Port on the 2310. Does anyone know of a manufacture to check? A third option might be to use an IR Emitter. Or any other ideas would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any of these in the link below should work for what you want to do. They seem to do IR or serial so you should be able to interface them to either the IR port on the back of the either of the amps or the serial port on the 2310. I would go for the serial port. You will need to get serial protocol document by calling Denon though.

kramer-us.com/products/?group=3&subgroup=6#results

1 - 2 of 2 Posts