AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for assistance w/ my new receiver. Have a Denon 2803 set up with a 5.1 system. I'm looking to use the second zone to control my whole house surround system. With my previous receiver (Sony DB830) I would hook up the B outputs to the speaker connectors and I was good to go, no additional amp needed. When I hook the connectors to the zone 2 outs in the Denon, I can't get anything to play through the speakers in the second zone. Do I need a separate amp for zone 2? Any assistance would be appreciated.

thanks.

·
Registered
654 Posts
If you have the Zone 2 source selection set correctly (using the Zone2/Rec button and the rotary control), the only other thing I can think of is that you might be trying to run a digital source. The 2803's DACs do not function for Zone 2 so you MUST use an analog source to get any output.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks HAN! You hit the nail on the head. I had no idea the DAC's didn't work with Zone 2. I switched to an analog input and everything worked great. Looks like I'll have to go back to some analog connections.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Ian: Don't forget that for the main zone, if you leave the input mode set to auto, the Denon will always give priority to the digital signal. So this means that you can hook up both digital and analog and get digital in the main room and analog in zone 2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.