AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sony LCD TV, a rogers cable box, and a sony receiver (STR-DA3600ES).

I would like to set it up so that when I select the source input for zone 2, i can listen to the TV. Right now the TV and cable box are connected via HDMI. I've tried connecting audio cables from the cable box to the receiver, but it doesn't work.

thanks!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, thanks, you were bang on. I unplugged the HDMI and when i changed the input, the audio cables worked and I could listen to the TV outside in zone 2 by selecting 'source'.

THEN, I plugged the blue, green, and red component cables to get the video and audio for that input. Now we can watch TV in the basement and listen to it outside, too (zone 2).

Here's what's weird, though. Now that I have the component and audio cables hooked up, the HDMI can also be plugged in without a problem. I wanted to try it because our 7.1 system sounds better thru HDMI.

So, if we just want to watch TV, we set it the receiver to HDMI but if we also want to listen to the game outside, we can switch the output to SAT/CABLE.

Problem solved...thank you!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.