AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw in the TheaterTek player thread that the reason Zoom Player lacks some support for the Radeon is that Blight does not have a Radeon card. I would be willing to donate some money for Blight to just buy one. I have not tried Zoom Player yet but the value of DVDGenie alone is worth it and I would definitely like to see ZP get improved. There is a link to a donation page on the Inmatrix site here . Blight, if this is a good way for myself or others to contribute towards you getting a Radeon card, please post here.

By the way, I'm still purchasing the TT player. I think it's good to have as many alternatives as possible in the HTPC world.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Well, It's a good way yes, But I'm still hoping JeffY will be able to send me his old card soon so I can use that.

ATI cards here are rather pricy. And if I'm going to buy a card, I might as well get the 8500 as it should hold out longer.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Blight:

___From my reads, the only thing the 8500 will give you is frame rates. I haven’t seen anything so far mentioning that the PQ has improved from the original Radeon series chips and for the price (JeffY’s for free), I think you will be in very good hands.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.