AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an Audiophile 2496 sound card with the S/PDIF connected to my reciever. When I use PowerDVD, even though the 'about' says it's two channels, I get Dolby Digital at the reciever. I'd like to use Zoom Player instead, but have not found a way for it to output Dolby Digital. Played with all the settings attempting to have it use the PowerDVD audio, but the reciever only gets ProLogic II. Has anyone successfully done this?

· Registered
195 Posts
Hello,

In Zoom Player, you must go in "External option" to check spdif output for WinDVD or PowerDVD.

· Registered
195 Posts
You need to change a Kword in the registry if you want sound on spdif with Zoom Player+PowerDVD :

go here in regedit.exe : "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Cyberlink/PowerDVD " and change the value of DSAUIF key :

DSAUIF = 4

· Registered
865 Posts
Quote:
In Zoom Player, you must go in "External option" to check spdif output for WinDVD or PowerDVD.
This doesn't work for me either.

Quote:
You need to change a Kword in the registry if you want sound on spdif with Zoom Player+PowerDVD :

go here in regedit.exe : "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Cyberlink/PowerDVD " and change the value of DSAUIF key :
Another way to do this is to change the Cyberlink PowerDVD audio filter settings inside Graphedit. You don't have to build a new graph or anything. Just open an existing graph that uses the Cyberlink PowerDVD audio filter. Right click on the audio filter in the main screen and chose properties. Then change the output S/PDIF. This is pretty much equivalent to the above registry modification, except a little more handy if you're already making your own graphs for zoomplayer.

· Registered
195 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by audio
DTSman-fr,

Do you know the magic incantation for winDVD? spdif out works fine in winDVD itself but I've been unsuccessful getting spdif out using ZP.
hello audio,

Fortunately I did not have problem with WinDVD for the audio, contrary to PowerDVD. It is not necessary to modify the registry to get sound on spdif.

Most significant is (in my opinion) well to configure WinDVD by selecting the spdif output in audio parameters of the software.

In the second time, to activate spdif output of WinDVD through Zoom Player.

Lastly, it should be paid attention when you activate DVDgraph in Zoom Player because it may be possible that the file : " iviaudio.ax " selected is not the good (registry of various codec for example).

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No go. Changed the reg value and nothing changed. I installed the 8 channel version of PowerDVD and that didn't change anything. Finally, installed WinDVD Platinum. Can't get Zoom Player to talk to it either. All of the above play Dolby Digital in the native player, and Dolby Prologic II in Zoom Player, but none will play Dolby Digital in Zoom Player. I tried every setting possible in Zoom Player. If I simply choose 'Exernal, WinDVD SP/DIF Output' it doesn't work. If I go to the Manual Filters and choose the Default WaveOut Device or M Audio Delta AP S/PDIF Device then I get the option in the filter prefs to choose S/PDIF out, but I get no sound. If I choose any of the DirectSound Devices, I get sound, but the S/PDIF option is greyed out. Didn't know this crap was rocket science.

I purchased the AudioPhile 2496 after hearing so much about it on this board. Now I wonder if it's the cards fault, and no one responds to any questions I've asked related to it. Is everyone to busy trying to get it to work, or did I buy the wrong card? I'm happy to purchase a different one if I know it works...

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got it working, kinda. I downloaded version 3 and was able to get the WinDVD and AC3Filter SPDIF's working. Now the problem I'm having is when I play files with different audio rates. If I switch from a file with 48Khz sound (VOB) to a file with 44.1Khz sound (AVI capture) the sound won't play unless I switch the master clock from Xtal to S/PDIF and back to Xtal. Playing a 44.1Khz file and then a 48Khz file switches fine, and I get sound on both. Any ideas on why this would happen and how to fix it?

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After playing some more it seems that the player doesn't matter, as I get the same issue with PowerDVD. See my other thread 'M-Audio 2496 Bug?' for more explain and some sample files...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.