AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I installed WinDVD 4, now tell me exactly what you want me to check, while remembering that I don't have an SP/DIF sound system (or anything better than stereo for that matter).

·
Registered
311 Posts
blight,

zoomplayer does already its job with the current graphs you have out there!

I'm running windvd4 audio with ATI video for spdif dts, ac3 with a maudio soundcard.

the only problem I have is that the sound starts to late after putting in windvd reg entry of auto enabling the spdif mode.

Regards,

nikkieneuken

p.s. compliments on your stable piece of work!!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure what you mean, but if you have audio desync, try alternating between the DirectSound and Wave Out renderers, one may fix the problem.

As for what I created the topic, I think someone wanted me to test something with WinDVD 4 ... don't recall who or what.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Rob was on the right track. I have discussed in previous posts (that you were also involved in) getting the Intervideo Audio Processor filter into an effective Zoom graph, thereby possibly opening the door for DPLII and ICE audio expansion (turning 2 channel analog audio into 6 channel audio). While I realize you can't test the end product of 6 ch audio, it would be great if you could get this filter to work at all(in my graph, which worked fine in graphedit, I keep getting floating point error in Zoom.) While this filter allows any number of audio effect DirectX Media Objects to be utilized, like the Intervideo EXP DMO, it still hasn't yet been possible to activate the DPL II, as the button that enables Expand Audio is greyed out in the EXP DMO filter. I'm hoping if we can first get it to be usable in Zoom, maybe eventually we will figure out how to get the DPL turned on.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Those audio features are listed in the registry:

My Computer\\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\\DirectShow\\MediaObjects

My Computer\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Classes\\DirectShow\ \MediaObjects

Each of them is a DirectX Media Object. (DMO)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...tm/filters.asp

"All DirectShow filters fall into one of these three categories: source filters, transform filters, and renderer filters."

So renderer filters are the most important, right?

"DMOs are easier to develop and test than filters, and are not dependent on the DirectShow filter graph architecture."

Are we gonna need to create something else instead of using filter graph?

Hopefully it will not be too hard.

Besides, InterVideo should have used both ActiveX and DirectShow for those audio features.

Does Blight know anything similar to this stuff?
http://pw1.netcom.com/~cherrman/daxfaqs.htm

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think ActiveX has anything to do with it. ZP is pretty much ActiveX clear, there's no components that I use that require them (ever since v1.4 when I dumped the Media Player OCX in favor of DirectShow)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think the real challenge currently is to decipher how to enable the Intervideo EXP DMO. Since it (through the Audio Processor filter) can be inserted into a functional Graphedit graph, the flaw with it giving the floating point error in Zoom can probably be worked out sooner or later. However, this will do no good if we still can't turn the dang thing on.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There's a slight snafu ... the WinDVD or possibly the Ravisent filters KILLS the playing process if it's in a debugging enviroment.

So, I'm having a problem locating the diving point error. I'll keep looking, but lets face it, it's a bit anti-programmative to do this sort of thing.

If you're wondering how I got by this far, I'm using the PowerDVD filters which don't have this abusive behavior.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, I found out that the divide by zero message occurs when loading the Audio Processing filter.

Now, here's a strange thing:

1. Create a graph using the audio processing filter.

2. Press play, works.

3. Save that graph in graphedit (to XML).

4. Exit graph edit.

5. Load Graph edit

6. Load the previously saved graph.

7. Press play, no longer works!

Something is fishy with this filter.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Blight
There's a slight snafu ... the WinDVD or possibly the Ravisent filters KILLS the playing process if it's in a debugging enviroment.

So, I'm having a problem locating the diving point error. I'll keep looking, but lets face it, it's a bit anti-programmative to do this sort of thing.

If you're wondering how I got by this far, I'm using the PowerDVD filters which don't have this abusive behavior.
Spoken like somene that hasn't a clue about what the DVD-CCA requirements are for protecting CSS keys in a PC based decoders.

Bob

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
Quote:
Spoken like somene that hasn't a clue about what the DVD-CCA requirements are for protecting CSS keys in a PC based decoders.
I guess I should jump in here and gloat over another shining example of the cost and complexity of software maintenance being dramatically increased by copy protection issues.

Someone should start calculating and posting the Gross Domestic Copy Protection Product. ;)

- Tom

·
Registered
675 Posts
Tom,

In a quick summary, what is the implication of the DVD-CCA on products like ZP and being able to play decrytped video file? If there is another thread somewhere that covers this just point me there.

Thanks,

Don

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CinemVidGuy:

Frankly, I was aware of them, but was venting my frustration at it's side-effect of preventing legitimate programming.

It's not as if the CSS encryption hasn't already been cracked years ago, I wish the DVD Consortium would ease up a bit.

How are we to write stable programs if we can't debug them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.