Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys -

I have a problem that's been driving me nuts for months and I haven't been able to figure out how to fix it. I'm running ZP Pro and have the Cyberlink/PowerDVD drivers. I'm also running ffdshow (can't remember the version off the top of my head... its not the most recent, but close) on my P4 3.2Ghz. I can play movies stored on the hard drive and from the DVD player fine... but whenever I press the stop button under ZP, the program locks up.

At first I thought it was the DivX codec I was using, but uninstalling it doesn't seem to help. The only thing I've noticed that increases the stability (although, it'll still crash sometimes) is if I uninstall ffdshow - but I really want to use those processing features.

Any thoguhts or tips on what the problem might be? This is driving me nuts. Thanks for any and all help...

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have seen this when using the new Reclock beta version 1.5. If you are using re-clock try switching to another audio renderer such as default waveout.

Even if this is not the problem I would not think that this would be caused by zoom player but a filter not closing properly. Try switching 1 filter at a time, and see if the problem disappears if it does the problem is that filter. example download a trial of windvd then switch video decoder to windvd. Still a problem then switch the audio decoder to windvd.

Also remove FFDSHOW to see if that could be the culprit as well. You might need to get a newer version of ffdshow if that fixes the issue.

Matt

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help... i don't run reclock so that's not the issue. i actually upgraded to the new 4.10 beta and the newest ffdshow (sse2), and shut off the automatic DVD bookmarking (which seemed to really cause most of the crashes) and now it seems to work fine for the most part. There's the occasional crash... but its not every time like before. thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.