AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally installed my IRMan after getting tired of the crappy Anir Multimedia receiver I had.

Up until now, I was using my own customized software to control my PC-Remote. But now that I was moving to IRMan, I decided to make the leap to Girder.

I installed the latest non-beta version (3.1c) and started to configure my remote to support my favorite function, and frankly, to refresh them for a few recent features I added (File Navigator for one).

I faced two problems:

1. Lots of buttons to program

2. Girder's interface isn't very easy to understand right-off-the-bat.

So, after reading through it's manual a bit, and having it crash once due to some obscure thing that I did, I finally got my remote working pretty well.

But I didn't really map all the keyboard commands, too much work... So I took a peek and the file format and lo and behold, it's XML (text based). I instantly took it apart and then implemented a button onto the Zoom Player keyboard interface. The button I dubbed "Export".

So, in the next version of Zoom Player, you will be able to export the active key list into a Girder 3.1 compatible GML file.

Till that time, grab the default key list exported to Girder here:

zplayer_gml.zip 2.6015625k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Cool teaming up with one of my faves !!!!

Any chance of a CCF ??? Or am I just getting cheeky ;)

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Girder had a simple file structure so it was easily done, and the fact that I had a remote that worked with it made it easier. I'm not familiar with the CCF structure...

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
No pronto ?? Forshame :p

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If anyone wants to send me a pronto remote with a specification of the file format, i'd be happy to add it ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.