Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Can anybody help me ? I have had a system crash and have had to do a complete re-install, everything is back to working fine except zoom. I have been using 2.5 and when I try to play a dvd I get a macrovision error. I can choose to ignore or press O.K. but zoom just hangs. I have tried both windvd & power dvd and both are fine. I have re-installed zoom, but I still get the error. Does anyone have any idea ?

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
704 Posts
what filters are you using?

have you tried to 'unregistered all' and then re-register the appropriate filters?

-jeff

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jeff

I have un-registered & registered the filters. I am currently using PowerDVD for the picture & WinDVD for the sound. I have had this setup working in the past, but not since the rebuild.

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

I have tried un-registering & registering the file but this makes no difference. I am using PowerDVD for picture & WinDVD for sound, I was using this combination before I had to do a re-install. I have also tried different combinations of the above. Does anyone have any more ideas ?

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Hey,

Why use WinDVD for audio if you have PowerDVD?

I'm curious because it seems your problems may be linked to this filter combination and also because most people seem to say the PowerDVD audio filters are better than the WinDVD audio filters.

If I was using PowerDVD filters, I would just use PowerDVD. Or, I would use ZP with the "use defaults" checked after loading PowerDVD only.

One of the reasons I, and possibly many others, use ZP is to utilize the filters from the ATI player. The filters are great but the player itself it very poor. This isn't the case for PowerDVD, it seems the fitlers are good and the program itself is good too.

So, why use WinDVD audio, if you don't mind me asking?

-Brian

·
Registered
647 Posts
Since the subject is Zoom player help?

I would like to know how to force Zoom Player to start up in full screen. I'm unable to fine the setting.

Thanks

·
Registered
647 Posts
That was it!

Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Hampton
Hey,

Why use WinDVD for audio if you have PowerDVD?

I'm curious because it seems your problems may be linked to this filter combination and also because most people seem to say the PowerDVD audio filters are better than the WinDVD audio filters.

If I was using PowerDVD filters, I would just use PowerDVD. Or, I would use ZP with the "use defaults" checked after loading PowerDVD only.

One of the reasons I, and possibly many others, use ZP is to utilize the filters from the ATI player. The filters are great but the player itself it very poor. This isn't the case for PowerDVD, it seems the fitlers are good and the program itself is good too.

So, why use WinDVD audio, if you don't mind me asking?

-Brian
One reason could be that the PowerDVD XP audio filter doesn't allow S/PDIF out unless you apply a registry hack.

Another problem is the lipsyncing. I had some major lipsync problems when watching Star Wars Episode 1 using the PowerDVD XP filters for both video and audio. Using WinDVD for audio solved all that.

My reason for using ZP is mainly to gain the ability to control where I place my video on the screen and the movie start bookmark feature to be able to skip menus and warnings. Automatic saving of these preferences for each disc makes it very user friendly.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi

Blight was right I went back to an older video driver and this cured my macrovision problem - thanks Blight for your help and your excellent player.

I use this filter combination because I do get SPDIF problems when I use the PowerDVD audio filter or PowerDVD on its own. I also use ZP because of the picture control that it allows and it also has loads of extra features that I am still trying to get to grips with.

Paul

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.