AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downloaded Zoom Player to try Vs. My PowerDVD setup. ZP seems to work good with its default filters. In the manual filter set up tab - every option I pick cannot find the appropriate filter/file. My question is, Are the windvd - cineplayer etc filters in the pull down list included in the ZP zip file?

Power DVD seems soft.

Forgive me for the stupid question but I cant seem to get the hang of this.

Rob

P4 1.6A

7200 w latest Catalyst driver

Power DVD - (bundled with DVD drive)

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
ZP is a front end, all these filters are "presets" if you have the software installed as they are commercial products which cost $$$.

The PowerDVD graphs should work for you (as long as they don't use a different filter for audio).

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hello,

I see you use a Radeon 7200. Normally there is a player which comes with this card. In the past there where the Ravisent filters included. These video filters are IMHO superior to the PowerDVD ones.

Try to install the ATI player and choose a graph with "Cineplayer" in the name. Best combination is Cineplayer video with PowerDVD audio

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Blight for the clarification. Im trying to do this on the cheeeep ;)

Frbie,

Thanks also. You are correct I do have the ATI player which indeed has the better video. Im hesitant on using this as it totally screwed up my spdif out when I had ATI and PDVD coexisting. Things got better when I removed the ATI DVD player and installed new M-audio drivers. I figured leave well enough alone and if it aint broke dont fix it. But I feel adventurous tonight I might install the ATI player again and experiment.

One other question about the $15 Cineplayer 1.5 filters. How do you install this?

Rob

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hello,

the trick ist to use the ATI player video filters with the PowerDVD audio filters so you system should work.

The CP 1.5 Sonic filter pack works only with XP. You can buy it online and install it. Was this the question or misunderstood it?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by frbie
Try to install the ATI player and choose a graph with "Cineplayer" in the name. Best combination is Cineplayer video with PowerDVD audio
Frbie;

I have the 7500 and one of the earlier ATI players came with it. I was in the middle of trying to get a hold of the Sonic Cineplayer Filters for use with zoomplayer. Are the earlier filters of the ATI player(Cineplayer) just as good as with the new Sonic Player?

Thanks,

Neuner

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hello, Neuner,

I speak about the video filters only!

If I remember correctly from the ATI "4" player ATI used the "modern" Ravisent filters which also came with the Cineplayer 4. I'm not really shure about this and perhaps somebody can confirm or correct this because I ever used the CP 4 directly.

Ravisent (ATI) filters were always the best (IMHO). The difference between CP 4 (ATI 4+ 5) and the Sonic CP 1.5 should be very small. In fact I use the CP 1.5 filters now and I prefer it but the difference is really very small. If you can get the ATI 4 filters for free because of you graphic card they are a good starting point. If you want to be the king of the hill you can buy the CP 1.5 filters which are also great for use with ffdshow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.