Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I'm confused about watching DVD's via htpc. I recently gave up my STB dvd player which wasn't too impressive and am now relying completely on the dvdrom in my pc(htpc). I must say I am very impressed with the video improvement to my large CRT (NEC XM29plus). However the audio is still somewhat lacking. I'm reading up on it, and it appears as though passing DD through a fortissmo II takes a bit of work.

However I have a larger problem at hand at the moment. About half the time I watch a DVD I encounter freezing at least once or twice during the movie. Zoom player locks up and must be restarted. This is very annoying.

The only DVD software I have is what came with my sound card which is Power DVD 3.0

Is there a way I can download a bunch of filters to see what is ideal for my system? Clearly the setup I have now isn't working properly.

Any suggestions?

-Rosco

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if your DVD drive is having problems reading thes DVD. Watch your drive indicator LED and see if the normal blinking pattern changes just before the lockup.

Vern Dias

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.