1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the latest release candidate for Zoom player and I am receiving:

ZPLAYER caused an invalid page fault in

module CLVSD.AX at 01cf:02d29caf.

at the end of the new Columbia logo on the Funny Girl dvd.

Vern Dias

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
that is the cyberlink video filter file. If you run power DVD do you have the same problem?

also check the zoom player forum at inmatrix.com, Blight is really quick in answering questions there.

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
One of the members posted a link to a cool program called REGEXTEND. Basically it adds registering and unregistering options to the windows right-click. Pretty cool. You can do a search for all .ax files and highlight them all and then right click, unregister. And you're done.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, after having spent about 5 or 6 hours playing with the latest RC of the Zoom player, I have some issues and some questions.

I have tried using the following filters:

Default (Cinemaster, I believe) from the ATI 4.1 player. (At least this is what I get when I deregister all the WinDVD and PowerDVD filters.

WinDVD 2.6, 2.8, and 3.0 filters.

Power DVD 4.0 filters.

(WinDVD 2.8 and PowerDVD 4.0 players work perfectly on my system.)

Environment: Win98SE, ATI Radeon DDR64, latest drivers (7199)

Phillips Acoustic Edge 5.1 sound card

1. Can the Zoom player be made to output SPDIF DTS? If so which filter(s)? DD5.1 via SPDIF works fine with the default Cinemaster filters.

2. Where are the Cinemaster filters and what are their names? (they don't seem to have the same suffix as the other filters.

3. Can I mix and match filters from different players on my system? For example, when I register the WinDVD filters, both the audio and video filters have to be registered, or none of them show up in the filter list.

4. Is there any way to create more than 10 Zoom presets? I need more than 10 A.R.'s set up. (I have about 50 on YXY.)

5. Is there a way to associate a preset with a specific DVD so that starting the DVD will automatically set the required zoom preset?

Issues:

I have seen a number of error popups with incomplete or nonsensical text in them. For example, resizing the player window and then starting a DVD playing causes a popup with bogus info in it.

Eject button tries to eject D: even though my DVD drive is E:

Sorry if I am asking anything that is covered in the Doc.

Vern Dias

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Already done a search, didn't come up with an answer to a single issue that I have raised here.

Vern

·
Registered
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hmcgrath
One of the members posted a link to a cool program called REGEXTEND. Basically it adds registering and unregistering options to the windows right-click. Pretty cool. You can do a search for all .ax files and highlight them all and then right click, unregister. And you're done.
Could you post the link again for REGEXTEND? I searched through the forums and found some references, but no links. Even the mighty Google didn't turn up anything. Thanks.

-pischke

·
Registered
1,873 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
"Can the Zoom player be made to output SPDIF DTS? If so which filter(s)? DD5.1 via SPDIF works fine with the default Cinemaster filters."

This is a DirectShow Filter issue: PowerDVD DirectX-Filter do not support sp/dif, ati4.1 has no dts. WinDVD should do, but not on Win9x/ME

"2. Where are the Cinemaster filters and what are their names? (they don't seem to have the same suffix as the other filters."

IIRC qidvdf.ax. No separate Video/Audio filters

"3. Can I mix and match filters from different players on my system? For example, when I register the WinDVD filters, both the audio and video filters have to be registered, or none of them show up in the filter list."

Use the fantastic new feature of ZP 2.20, building your own Filtergraph. You should use GraphEdit out of Microsofts DirectX SDK to build the graph, save it as XML, use Blights conversion tool to import it into ZoomPlayer. But again - problems with 9x/ME. This is NOT a ZP issue, but a DirectShow/OS system one.

"Eject button tries to eject D: even though my DVD drive is E:"

Use the Option dialog of ZP to set up your DVD-drive letter

Ralph

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.