AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to add visualizations to Zoom Player like Winamp and Media Player for music playback?

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
59 Posts
Shouldn't it be possible to write a directshow filter that took audio as an input put pin and provided and audio and video output pin ??

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
tr4veler:

yes, it should, it can even hook into the WinAMP visualizations and thus have a working ground-base so you don't have to write the actual visualization code.

So... who's going to write that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
would it also be possible to use this method to add suppoort for apple and real files using the rendering engines of the existing players? i would love to see this happen!! one ring to control them all...

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
cracksloth:

i'm not sure about "real", but I think it's possible with quicktime, but doing it may invalidate the quicktime license, not entirely sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ultraplayer uses the real media (*.ra, *.rm, etc) engine. it can be found here:
http://www.ultraplayer.com/

it is freeware and doesn't seem to have any licensing problems.

a lot of programs include quicktime support via the apple engine. whisset is an example (they have a separate apple plugin):
http://www.whisset.com/

others include blaze media pro and fmv4, as well a some winamp video plugins.

it seems apple licensing is fairly lenient (since the apple player must be installed in order to play their files). real media licensing is a little more touchy (so i've heard) but obviously it has been done before by both ultraplayer, fmv4, and media jukebox. both ultraplayer and fmv4 are freeware so i don't believe that they are paying anything to real for use of the engine. it might be wise however to distribute support for such additional filetypes as plugins that can be deleted from servers if anyone raises a big stink about it. since it is a plugin, however, it can still be maintained separately underground by "anonymous" authors.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
The problem is, I write Zoom Player in Delphi, and the SDKs are in VC++

Now, while it would be nice if ZP was written in C++, it wouldn't be ZP as Delphi allows me to develop a lot faster (hence the frequent updates).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.