AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have seen this answer before, but it is kind of hard to search for. What is the best zoom setting for best picture quality? Is it best to have the zoom positioned so the image is as small as possible or positioned so that the image is as large as possible from a given distance? Example. If I have a 100" diagonal screen & the projector can be 12 ft away or 14 ft away which provides the better picture & how big of a deal is it?

I believe the farther away the projector is the less I would have to tilt it. I have the HT1000 & this would help, but I am concerned more about picture quality at this time & I plan to tilt the screen anyway. I most likely will be somewhere in the middle depending on exactly where my seating ends up. I don't want anyone bumping their head on my projector.

Any & all help is appreciated.

Cliff

·
Registered
13,049 Posts
From what I recall reading, mounting a pj at its maximum throw distance yields the highest constrast ratio and also helps ensure no hotspotting. I plan to mount my pj at its maximum throw minus about 6" since you never know how measurments can be off and I wouldn't want to come up short a few inches...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I was beginning to think no one was going to answer the question. Forgive my ignorance, but I assume by maximum throw you mean mount the projector the farthest away from the screen as possible for the given image size. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Cliff

·
Registered
13,049 Posts
Yep. With the one cavet that I would leave yourself at least a few inches to play with. In other words if the max distance was say 16', consider mounting at 15.5'. This way if the manufacturers specs are off or change a bit over time, you won't find out the hard way. Either that or just be sure to try the pj at that distance prior to permanently mounting it to be sure it will fit nicely inside the screen borders without extended over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.