AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have followed the extensive thread on zoom and graphs to no avail.

I cannot get the Sonic Cinemaster DS Video Decoder to connect to the Overlay Mixer in GraphEdit.

When I play a DVD I get sound, but no picture. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Sonic a couple times, any help?

Using WinXP and DirectX 9

thanks,

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I get it to work with powerDVD but when I tell zoom to play using powerDVD decoder I get the same error. That the decode video out -> overlay input0 will not accept connection.

This failure happens in zoom and graphedit. Windows media player plays with sound but no video, powerDVD works.

help,

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Zoom comes with graphs for sonic. If you want to add ffdshow then re-read the faq threads for getting that to work.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I tried the same graph on a different computer and it works fine. Looks like there might be a problem with the AGP card. It is an older Matrox and if I remember correctly it had issues using overlay when the resolution * color depth got too large.

Could this be related to the overlay mixer or are the names just a coincidence?

I'll reduce my display resolution and give it a try for educational purposes as I got it working on my other computer now.

thanks,

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK just for completeness, and someone else has this same problem.

I reduced the resolution of the monitor to 1024x768x32 and the overlay works fine now.

Looks like it was related to the bandwidth limits of the AGP card.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.