AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zoombo v1.1 is Now Available!

16:9 2.35:1 etc.

Move the Zoom and/or Set the Shutter Positions to Your Presets using a PC and the Serial Connection!

I'll see what I can do in future versions (if any) to increase the Zoom speed. Though I don't suggest this, you can change the wait_for value to speed things up.

MS Windows XP/Vista+ Supported (should also work with some Windows Versions pre XP).

Quote:
Originally Posted by klover /forum/post/12962520

What the hell is it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserfan /forum/post/12962611

It moves the Zoom controls on a Mits PJ between two positions you like i.e. 16:9 or 2.35:1.
READ POST #2!

MORE INFO LATER, I'M TIRED NOW!

DOWNLOAD HERE:
Download Zoombo v1-1.zip

v1.1 - 02/05/2008

+MS Vista Now Supported.

+Changed Zconfig.txt to Zconfig.cfg.

+Added Shutter Control for each PRESET (Set in Zconfig.cfg).

+Several Internal Code Optimizations.

+Fixed Xon/Xoff Flow Control Bug.

+Added 'Donate' Menu Option (Donate via PayPal for Zoomba's Development).

v1.0 - 01/28/2008

+Original Release.

SCREEN SHOTS:

This Window can be hidden at Startup

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
v1.1 Zconfig.cfg - Zoombo Configuration File
Quote:
COM1

N

//Next Line - TRUE = Minimize Window on startup, FALSE = Do Not Minimize

FALSE

//Next Line is wait_for value (in ms)

//Next Line is Serial Code for PRESET1 (ASCII, CR will be added at the end)

00r4f

//Next Line - Send above code (goto PRESET1) this many times

//Next Line is Serial Code for PRESET2 (ASCII, CR will be added at the end)

00r59

//Next Line - Send above code (goto PRESET2) this many times

//Next Line is Serial Code for RESET (ASCII, CR will be added at the end)

00r4f

//Next Line - Send above code (goto Zoom=1.0x) this many times

//Next Line is Serial Code for RESET - Part 2 (ASCII, CR will be added at the end)

00r59

//Next Line - Send above code (goto PRESET1 position) this many times

//Next 2 Lines are for PRESET1 Shutter Positions - SHUTTER(U), SHUTTER(L) - 0 to 32

//Next 2 Lines are for PRESET1 Shutter Positions - SHUTTER(LS), SHUTTER(RS) - 0 to 95

//Next 2 Lines are for PRESET2 Shutter Positions - SHUTTER(U), SHUTTER(L) - 0 to 32

//Next 2 Lines are for PRESET2 Shutter Positions - SHUTTER(LS), SHUTTER(RS) - 0 to 95

The first 6 lines are for the COM Port Configuration.

In the Example above (COM1, 9600 Baud, 8 Data Bits, No Parity*, 1 Stop Bits*, No Flow Control*):

* See below

For COM Port Settings (first 6 lines of Zconfig.cfg file)

PORT: COM1, COM2 etc.

BPS / Baud: 9600, 14400, etc.

Data Bits: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Parity:

0 : EVENPARITY

1 : MARKPARITY

2 : NOPARITY

3 : ODDPARITY

4 : SPACEPARITY

Stop Bits:

0 : 1

1 : 1.5

2 : 2

Flow Control:

N : None

X : Xon / Xoff

H : Hardware

wait_for setting = delay required by HC4900 before sending another code via RS232 (the HC4900 RS232 manual states a value of 400). You can change this and see if you can speed up each zoom change (I'm not sure I would recommend this though).

In the example above (default)
00r4f = ASCII string for RIGHT ARROW on Remote
00r59 = ASCII string for LEFT ARROW on Remote

The command to enter the zoom option is hard coded in Zoombo.

You can change the "Number of Times" a code is sent for Preset1, Preset2 and for both Reset Part 1 and Reset Part 2 by changing the corresponding values.

The purpose of the 'Reset' option in Zoombo is to reset the lens zoom to 1.0x and back to your starting position and Preset1 (16:9?)... it will send the Reset Part 1 code x many times, then send Reset Part 2 code x many times (x is set in Zconfig.cfg). Though I have not detected any issues sending multiple zoom change requests one the zoom is at 1.0x, try not to send more than you need to.

You will have to plug in your own values to change how many times the ASCII codes are sent for your own installation. If needed, you can reverse the codes for zoom direction.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reserved for Future Use!

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
It moves the Zoom controls on a Mits PJ between two positions you like i.e. 16:9 or 2.35:1.

Hi turbe--sorry no HT for me tonight but I will try this as soon as I can, thanks!

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserfan /forum/post/12958483

turbe I haven't given this alot of thought but it seems like since 16:9 is very close (for me at least) to 1.0, that IT should be the preset that goes to 1.0 first. Then from 16:9 another preset to zoom-big to 2.35. Not near my pj now but I don't recall ever seeing the anomalous Zoom behavior you mention--my pj goes straight in whatever direction I've selected.

BTW does your app need .NET framework or ...? Wondering how stupid my PC can be. I even have a W95 touch screen PC--any chance it might work with that???
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe /forum/post/12958528

Left or Right arrow from 16:9? I assume you are pressing "Right" arrow to go to your 2.35 position (from 16:9) and "Left" arrow all the way for 1.0x...

.Net is not needed... damn, Win 95? maybe 98/ME, you will have to try..
I develop and use XP (I'll need to check in 95 support)..

Windows 95 may work but I might have to disable the System Tray support which may be an issue for 95. Let me know if you have any issues (but also try SSPC as it does not have the System Tray functions).

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwlaw99 /forum/post/12967916

I am sure this is cool, but I can't for the life of me figure out how it works.

It's my fault, I have not taken the time to create easy to understand instructions..

First, you need to use the Serial Cable that came with the Projector and connect it to your PC.

What you should do next is figure out your starting Zoom setting/position (perhaps for 16:9?).. this will be Preset1.

Use the remote to see how many button presses (and which button used, left or right arrow) to get to your 2nd Zoom setting/position (perhaps 2.35:1?).. this will be Preset2.

Enter this number (how many button presses) in the Zconfig.txt file here:

Quote:
//Next Line - Send above code (goto PRESET2) this many times

Quote:
//Next Line - Send above code (goto PRESET1) this many times

*Replace 100 in the examples above with your value. Most likely, these two settings will be the same since you are just going between these two Zoom Positions (Presets).

Getting the RESET values will be more time consuming. I'd start with 300-600. What you want is the number that will bring the Zoom position to 1.0x (RESET Part 1) and the number to bring the Zoom Position back to your Starting Zoom Position (RESET Part 2), which would again be Preset1.

LOL, I hope this description helps..

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Zoombo v1.1 Now Released with Vista Support and Shutter Control for each PRESET.

v1.1 - 02/05/2008

+MS Vista Now Supported.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe /forum/post/13033414

Zoombo v1.1 Now Released with Vista Support and Shutter Control for each PRESET.

v1.1 - 02/05/2008

+MS Vista Now Supported.

Are you like ahead of your time or something? I downloaded it and my computer did not blow up - good start! However It wont open the zconfig file. Where do I go from here? Probably brilliant stuff here but definitely not dummy proof.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] /forum/post/13038750

Are you like ahead of your time or something? I downloaded it and my computer did not blow up - good start! However It wont open the zconfig file. Where do I go from here? Probably brilliant stuff here but definitely not dummy proof.

What is the specific Error Message you are seeing?

Did the download have the Zconfig.cfg file within the Zip?

Did you make any changes to Zconfig.cfg?

What O/S are you using?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to help..

If you did have the old version, you should delete it. The files in the new version should be placed in one directory without any other files.

In the version 1.1, I changed Zconfig.txt to Zconfig.cfg.

EDIT: I just downloaded it, unzipped all 3 files to a new directory and Zoombo ran without errors. You do need the Zconfig.cfg file in the same directory as Zoombo.exe.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe /forum/post/13038865

What is the specific Error Message you are seeing?

Did the download have the Zconfig.cfg file within the Zip?

Did you make any changes to Zconfig.cfg?

What O/S are you using?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to help..

If you did have the old version, you should delete it. The files in the new version should be placed in one directory without any other files.

In the version 1.1, I changed Zconfig.txt to Zconfig.cfg.

EDIT: I just downloaded it, unzipped all 3 files to a new directory and Zoombo ran without errors. You do need the Zconfig.cfg file in the same directory as Zoombo.exe.

The zconfig is within the zip file, I made no changes, runing xp.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] /forum/post/13039246

Did you unzip all 3 files to a directory?

·
Registered
57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] /forum/post/13039246

it says that windows cant open the file and suggest I use a program to open the file from a pull down list. What should I open it with?

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You can view/edit Zconfig.cfg with Notepad.

Just make sure you keep the extension .cfg (I changed this from .txt in this version).

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] /forum/post/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe /forum/post/0

Did you get Zoombo working for you?

It opened in notepad.. I copied the screen below and added the ls and rs values. I am still not hooked to my projector. I have also not entered any values for the zoom. Whats my next step?

If you don't want to use the zoom functions with the PRESETS, I would Zero out the 4 values. I think I set the Zoom Defaults to: 100, 100, 400, 300 (I would change those to 0.

Plug the Serial Cable that came with the Projector to your computer and into the Projector.

Change the values for the Shutters in PRESET2 (in Zconfig.cfg) and run Zoombo. Then select PRESET2, you should see the Shutters change. Select PRESET1 and the Shutters should go back to 0 (assuming you have left the Shutter Values for PRESET1 (in Zconfig.cfg) at 0.

-Shawn

·
Registered
736 Posts
very cool! anyone get this working 100%? getting a 4900 soon, this would be slick for use on a 2.35 screen. Poor mans CIH!

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcomp124 /forum/post/13044752

Will it work for a Sanyo Z2000 and other projectors?

I am interested in supporting the Z2000 with my SSPC application. If a need exists and it is possible via Serial, I may add support to Zoombo in the future.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe /forum/post/13045933

I am interested in supporting the Z2000 with my SSPC application. If a need exists and it is possible via Serial, I may add support to Zoombo in the future.

If you can add support, I would be very interested to try it out. Can you?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts