AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, once again i need you guys help..have been trying zoomplayer and i must say it's nice,but i have a question about aspect ratio control..

do you have to setup individual presets for each movie size?2:35.1,etc..?and if so is this correct way to do it..i went to editor where it show some x,y etc where you could move and resize image..only thing is it changed my resolution as well...or so it seemedfrom 1080x500 to 1140x500..is this okay?if not what is correct way to watch 1:66.1,2:35.1,etc movies in zoom?this seemed so much easier in powerdvd...screen is 46"x80",if that matters.normally when i played 2:35.1 movie3s in powerdvd they were smaller on screen...in zoom they tend to be much larger...if there is a website that explains zoom and this that would be good as well,or even one that really explains this subject..

brickie

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hi,i was at another thread and saw a discussion that was interesting...it was about what's better a 16:9 screen and squashing anamorphic down, or 4:3 and just displaying all widescreen material within a 4:3 ratio..?any opinions?i used to do this,buts it's been so long i don't remember which yielded better results or if there even is a difference...?is it as simple as running 1080x500 fullscreen and then checking auto apesct ratio control and letting software player show image in correct size centered in that ratio?i thought i understood all this,but now i'm not sure..i don't have many fullscreen movies but some i skip because iv'e been running widescreen exclusively...just need to know if i will lose image quality by going back to a fullscreen setup...i know i should try but it's not as simple as switching back and forth for me..

brickie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.