AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. I downloaded Zoomplayer 2.12 but I don't understand something. I'll explain what I'm trying to do. I'm running windows ME. I've got Windvd 2.6 and ATI 4.1 installed. I downloaded zoomplayer and what I want to do is use the ati video filters and the windvd audio filters so that I can get dd/dts spdif output. How do I do this?

Josh

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I'm struggling as well. I need the 'DS filters for dummies' book. I only found 122 DS filters registered on my system. :D

My first try with GraphEdit was like 'Abandon all hope all ye who enter.....

Dave

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Same here guys?

Can anyone enlighten us?

I have read the dvd.txt quite a few times.

Installed the 4.1 software that I found here.
http://support.ati.com/products/pc/r...k_drivers.html

I have a suspicion... do you have to have previously installed ATI 4.0 to find the filters (Cinemaster ) shown in the dvd.txt?

I uninstalled ATI 5.0 to perform some tests on 4.1 on XP, and installed the 4.1 update software, but cannot find any of the filters.

Can anyone offer some guidance?

Tx

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
The ATI DVD Player is built on the Ravisent software, I meant the Ravisen filters, not the Cinemaster.... ooops.

I found the Ravisent filters on the ATI 5.0 install, and I could use them quite happily.

Uninstalling 5.0 and installing 4.1 has made them desappear....

Any ideas?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi,

the filters have different names:

With ATI 5.0 they are DSCinemVideodecoder.dll and dscinemaudiodecoder.dll,

with 4.x there is only one file qidvdf.ax that is normally located in the widows system directory. This file combines video and audio filters

@jssaxon

i#m afraid, this doesn't work, as you are using Win9X. I only got filter mixing under XP, on Win98SE only silence :(

Ralph

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi,

Quote:
Originally posted by dlarsen
I'm struggling as well. I need the 'DS filters for dummies' book. I only found 122 DS filters registered on my system. :D

Dave
you'll need only few of them :)

First the DVD-Navigator, the video and audio-filters you are going to use, the line21-decoder for ClosedCaptions, the Overlay mixer and video and audio renderer.

From the dvd navigator audio goes to the audio decoder filter and from there to te audio renderer. Video (and subpicture?!? - can't remember I'm at work) goes to the video decoder afterwards into the overlay mixer. CC output goes to the line21 decoder and from there into the overlay mixer too Output from the overlay mixer goes to the video renderer

Hope this helps

Ralph

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
did I mention a little routine that gives you register/unregister capabilities on your right-click? saves alot of time, at least for me. You can highlight all of your cyberlink .ax files and unregsiter them all at once for instance.

I'll attach it. If this doesn't jive with avs than just remove it.

regextend.zip 21.2314453125k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I am using Windows XP.

I managed to get the ATI 4.1 player to work (sort of) for 4 minutes and something, then the picture freezes, even though the audio continues to work.

I did the following:

Unregistered the WinDVD Filters

In DVD Genie in the CineMaster Tab I applied the following changes

- Hit Erase DEVDB

- set Sound Compression Mode = Compressed (default)

- set AC3 SP/DIF = Enabled in GUI

- set AC3 SP/DIF Out Mode = 03-Aureal 8830 and Diamond Monster Audio

- in the Settings: Dialog Normalization, Enable SP/DIF, Use LFE decoding

Reregistered the WinDVD filters.

Havind Hardware acceleration on or off in Genie doesn't do a bit of difference, it works perfectly for over 4 minutes and then the picture freezes.

Will try to disable DXVA in the registry for the driver itself to see if it fixes the freezing (driver version is 3281).

I then tried to use Zoom Player with ATI 4.1 video filters and WinDVD 3.0 audio filters.

Therefore, after unregistering every filter, I only registered the following

- qidvdf.ax

- iviaudio.ax

ZoomPlayer doesn't play, giving me an error message. If I register also

- ivivideo.ax

- ivinav.ax

ZP plays no problems, but how do I know which video filters it is using? In the filter proprieties on ZP, it only shows Intervideo video and soundfilters, no mention of Ravisent or CineMaster....

Interestingly, I get the same freezing problem after 4 minutes or so...

It must be using the ATI filter, but how, I thought that only a filter at the time could be enabled...

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I can feel your pain Stephen....:D

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
Quote:
Now the forum is getting the beginning of an understanding of why writing a DVD player isn't so easy after all.

(Sorry, had to say it)
Stephen -

Just give us free access to the needed technical info and immunity from lawyers and we will see how easy it really is. ;)

- Tom

·
Registered
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gnollo
I am using Windows XP.

I managed to get the ATI 4.1 player to work (sort of) for 4 minutes and something, then the picture freezes, even though the audio continues to work.

I am having the same problem... Win XP, ATI 4.1 after about 4 or so minutes the picture will freeze but the audio will continue. I think the problem is with the ATI DVD player 4.1 and XP. Where is everyone getting the ATI dvd player 5.0 from? Thanks

-Troy

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
I gave up on the ATI 4.1 player a long time ago. It was essentially free with the purchase of my Radeon, so I don't give the CD any dirty looks or anything.

as far as getting it to work properly with XP, I wouldn't consider upgrading to a brand new OS if I anticipated using outdated software.

just my thoughts. what's left of them at least.:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.