Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'am playing with Zoomplayer and some HD material, At this moment i'am running on 1024 x 768 and when i play something i'am getting some white stripe under the movie (hd material 1080i)

Can i hide that in zoomplayer or what do i need to do ?

Thanks.

Greetings,

Andy

·
Registered
103 Posts
This problem drove me nuts, until I found a good solution:

Use the Elecard MPEG decoder as the video decoder for MPEG2 transport stream files and voila! After quite a bit of tinkering, I have not found any other way to get 1) DD 5.1 sound and 2) 1080i with no grey bar under the image than Zoomplayer + the elecard decoder. (And this solution works great).

·
Registered
770 Posts
Have you tried playing with Zoom Player's blanking settings? That way you could use any codec you want.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I get weird weave artifacts w/ dscaler and elecard video codecs. So I'm limited to nvidia and dvico codecs for now. Both work great w/ VMR9. Also trying out the Mediamatics mpeg2

splitter. Works great.

Can someone advise me? I would like to use elecard and dscaler and I know elecard has a deinterlacer but I can't get rid of the weave pattern on fast scenes regardless of codec settings. 1080i only. 720p is ok. My output is 1776x1000i.

thanks...mike....

·
Registered
103 Posts
You can use a deinterlacing algorithm on your HTPC but ideally a good video processor (or video processor built into your HDTV) should do the interlacing. I find that even on a high-end PC (3.4 GHz, 1 GB RAM, X800XT) when I ask Elecard to do the deinterlacing the results are not as good (some dropped frames) as having a video processor do the job. I use my HTPC to simply output 1080i to a video processor, which then deinterlaces the 1080i to 1080p.

·
Registered
358 Posts
+1 Blanking Controls

·
Registered
630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drliu
You can use a deinterlacing algorithm on your HTPC but ideally a good video processor (or video processor built into your HDTV) should do the interlacing. I find that even on a high-end PC (3.4 GHz, 1 GB RAM, X800XT) when I ask Elecard to do the deinterlacing the results are not as good (some dropped frames) as having a video processor do the job. I use my HTPC to simply output 1080i to a video processor, which then deinterlaces the 1080i to 1080p.

I use zp for 1080i content to output 1360x768 (to plasma) or 1024x768 to projector.

In both cases i use dscaler, but because dscaler has NO deinterlacing (it will only do the pulldown on properly flagged content, and we all know most 1080i is not) I add ffdshow in the chain and activate only deinterlacing. There are many to choose from but for 1080i stuff I find the ffmpeg deinterlacer works great and without much of a hit to the CPU.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
The white line present at the bottom is because the source video is 1920x1080, but this isn't a multiple of 16, so it is MPEG2 encoded as 1920x1088, with 8lines of "gash" video at the bottom. This is often white or grey AIUI.

Some MPEG2 decoders are aware of this issue and blank the spare 8 lines, others can be configured to crop them I think?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigaloo
I use zp for 1080i content to output 1360x768 (to plasma) or 1024x768 to projector.

In both cases i use dscaler, but because dscaler has NO deinterlacing (it will only do the pulldown on properly flagged content, and we all know most 1080i is not) I add ffdshow in the chain and activate only deinterlacing. There are many to choose from but for 1080i stuff I find the ffmpeg deinterlacer works great and without much of a hit to the CPU.
I thought about ffdshow but I don't know how to add it in the"chain". Is there a place in ZP's customized media setup I can add it? thanks....

·
Registered
630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketech
I thought about ffdshow but I don't know how to add it in the"chain". Is there a place in ZP's customized media setup I can add it? thanks....
Yes...

advanced options -> filter control (enable customized media playback)

go to the A/V decoders tab

in the video decoders box, scroll down to "MPEG2 Transport Video"

Select it, and click "configure", a new window pops up...

In the "pre-defined filter profile" box find (for example) Dscaler and select it.

In the window below you will see the dscaler and the button "Add filters" to the left. Click it and another window pops up...

Find "ffdshow raw video filter" and click OK. Now double click ffdshow in the "current decoder filter chain" box to configure it.

Optionally you can save a new filter profile.

Click OK, you can see your settings have been applied in advanced options

Filters in use by Selected Profile:

"DScaler Mpeg2 Video Decoder (Registered) -> ffdshow raw video filter (Registered)"

Be aware that if you have ffdshow setup for DVD scaling, you will have to disable some settings. I think there is a way to configure ffdshow to keep your settings based on file type, maybe someone else can chime in on that.

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
The blanking option in zoom is probably the most simple option.

Your using zoom for a reason, because it has endless options to fix the problems that can crop up in this hobby...

-Suntan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.