AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been try for the better part of a week to get Power DVD, Girder, numerous plugins, and my LCD to play together. Well, I was looking at Zoomplayers web site, and seen some LCD support from LCD Max and LCDC. Before I go in that direction, I was hoping to get some comments from others that may or may not have gotten this to work (and how you like it). I would like to display DVD, MP3, and music CD info. I believe Zoomplayer may be the answer to all 3 of these. That would eliminate having to configure 3 different programs to work with the LCD if I used say Power DVD, Winamp, and say Media Player.

·
Registered
146 Posts
You did not say what difficulties you encountered with the Girder solution. If you have not already done so, you can ask questions in Girder's own forums. It has an active and supportive user community.

Girder does work with ZoomPlayer, and the other LCD programs you mentioned work with Winamp. So, the choices may be largely separate. I myself would hesitate to choose player software just based on LCD support. For DVD, you can't do much better than ZP (pace TT fans). For music, and CDA in particular, it is a bit rough. It does not do streaming media at all, although you did not mention that.

All of the centralized LCD solutions that you mentioned take care of much of the sharing of the display among different players. It's not as extreme as having to configure different LCD connections within each.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.