AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and looked at www.inmatrix.com with no luck.

I'm confused with how to preset Aspect Ratios in Zoomplayer.

I am assuming that most of todays current movies are Anamorphic. My screen is 16:9 and is 1024x576

When I play a typical movie like Episode I, the picture fills the screen correctly. When I play anything that is 4:3 it has the appropriate black bars on the left and right. When I play a movie like Strange Days that I believe is not Anamorphic, then it is either too small for the screen (black bars on top & bottom and left & right) or squeezed in the middle (black bars on top & bottom are too thick and picture appears squished).

What I have been trying to do is setup zoomplayer so that it detects what format the video is in and then fit it appropriately to the screen size so that nothing is stretched, squished etc. 4:3 is viewed as 4:3, 16:9 completely fills the screen, 2.35:1 has thin black bars on top and bottom with out having to touch a button. All is automatic. This is possible, right?

I've been playing around with different combos in the DVD setting - Auto Aspect Ratio and the Aspect Ratio tab but I still can't make it work. A little confused as to what needs to be selected.

I have the latest version of zoomplayer.

Thanks in advance,

Neuner

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
If your display is not 4:3, then you need to enable the Source Relative Aspect Ratio stretch to compensate for the difference between 16:9 and 4:3 as ZP assumes by default it's working against a 4:3 display.

Your other option is to set AR to Disabled then set 3 video position preset for the 3 movie types (anamorphic/letterbox/fullscreen) and have AutoAR switch the video position presets accordingly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.