AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my HTPC I have installed PowerDVD XP 4.0 Deluxe, wich together with my M-Audio Delta 410 soundcard gives me 5.1 analogue channels out to feed the "5.1"-input on my receiver. But for various reasons, I would like to use ZoomPlayer as a frontend for PowerDVDs audio/video-filters.

Is there anyone here who has done this?

I've tried some DVD-graphs included in ZP, and I've tried to edit the register. No luck so far. Do I need to do my own DVD-graph, and in that case, how?

Anyone with just the slightest bit of knowledge about this. Help! Please!

/Olof

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
PowerDVD does not allow you to do decoding through its filter, only pass-through. You must use the program PowerDVD if you want the multichannel, analog output. This is a limit of most of the software DVD players.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How come Zoom Player can't use the DD/DTS-decoding capabilities of the filter, while PowerDVD can?

Is the actual decoding done in the PowerDVD software itself?

I would be very disappointed if I have to settle for PowerDVD.

/Olof

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
This has been answered countless times before. PowerDVD does NOT use it's own filter, it uses internal libraries instead. They basically crippled external playback support in the filters.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
William -- Yes, that is what I am using currently; ZoomPlayer 2.6 with the ATI 7.6 filters and WinDVD for the audio on a Delta 410 under WinXP.

·
Registered
13 Posts
David, could you post details of what you did to setup ZP player to setup Windvd audio and ATI video.

I am using Delta 410 with analog output to 5.1 dolby audio system from AIWA.

WinDVD player works fine and puts out 5.1 audio on all channels but when I choose cinemaster (which I assume is ATI) and windvd combination from zoom player dvd setup area I only get two channels.

What specifically did you use and did you tweak anything for WinDVD to work with 410 through zoom player.

I just got started with HTPC and if the question seems simplistic I apologize in advance.

ALex

P.S. do I need to be running on XP - my current OS is win 2000

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
alexr -- I'm willing to bet that you did everything correctly except when in zoomplayer click options and then external and select the 6 channel option for windvd and hit apply. Let us know if that does the trick...

p.s. I'm not sure if the OS will make a difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.