AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the Scene Cut Editor in ZP Pro, I was wondering whether or not you could add scenes as well as cut them.

For instance, take the scenario where a dvd movie has a collection of deleted scenes in the bonus material section. Would it be possible to reinstate those scenes into the main movie using the Scene Cut Editor?

If not, would it ever be possible? I think it would be a great feature, imagine being in control of your own "integrated branching" profiles!

BAM:)

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
No, you can't really do it as these scenes are usually on different tracks, it would be messy as hell... if you've got a lot of spare time, you can hack it yourself using a DVD authoring program.

·
Registered
752 Posts
That sounds like an interesting idea.

If you really want to do that, I think it would be relatively simple using DVDShrink 3.0 Beta 5. It accomodates creating custom DVD's from multiple IFO files, with the resulting output as a series of titles that play sequentially.

The link to DVDShrink is in my signature. Excellent DVDShrink guides can be found at http://www.dvdshrink.info/

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, I was thinking that any deleted scenes would be stored within their own IFO/VOB collection, which would make it tough to input scenes from this into the main IFO/VOBs of the movie.

However, would it be technically possible through software, even if there were noticeable delays when jumping between VOBS? Even if there were, I still think it would be a great feature ;)

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
It may be technically possible, but not with all DVDs (depends on how they were authored) and it won't be too friendly. It would really complex the scene-cut feature for really limited gains in functionality.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.