AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decieded to give zoomplayer a try today. It works well except I get no DD 5.1 or DTS sound.

I have W2K, PWR DVD 3, SB Live Value(with Win 2000 Patch).

When I look through the filters listed it does not show any PWR DVD 3 with SB Audio. Maybe I need some other filters or could it be a setup thing.?

If someone knows how to get this setup to pass DD & DTS please let me know. If I need more filters can you give a link?

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
This was actually answered a few times,

go to the external setting in the options dialog and enable SP/DIF in PowerDVD.

Then try the PowerDVD with DirectSound or PowerDVD with Waveout, one should work.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blight

I have tried that already. I always had SPDIF out enabled on PWR DVD running directly under WIN 2K and going thru SB Live Value. When I try Zoomplayer it initially gives no video or audio. If I load filters I can get video and Pro-Logic audio but no 5.1.

There are no filters in the Zoomplayer I have which mention PWR DVD 3. There are plenty for PWR DVD 4 under XP though. Also the listed filters really do not show audio support for PWR DVD, only video. They always show audio support filters for Win DVD.

What I really need is someone with the same hardware as me using PWR DVD 3 to tell me which filters to use or where to get ther proper filters. I saw some posts which describe a patch for XP but not Win 2K. I know these 2 programs are similar so maybe the patch will work on 2000.

What do you think?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
The PowerDVD 3 filters should work with the PowerDVD 4 graphs.

And you need to set the Audio in Zoom Player not in PowerDVD as PowerDVD's audio setting only effects it's internal usage and not it's directshow filter usage.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Blight.

That was it. Works great. Wow what a lot of control with this player. Love it so far.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.