Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Which audio filter should I use to get DD/DTS passthrough using Zoomplayer? I have Powerdvd XP and Windvd 4 to choose from.

I have a SB live value, and can get it to passthrough when using pdvd/windvd players on their own (but then no fddshow...)

There's SPDIF options in the sample filters, but they are M-Audio I think.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mark

·
Registered
51 Posts
First thing first, make sure you have the newest verion of Zoomplayer. ZP version 2.9 is the latest final and and Blight just released ZP 3.0 beta 2 yesterday. You can pass DD/DTS through spdif with either powerdvd or windvd, but make sure that you go into the external tab of Zoomplayer by rightclicking and choosing Player Options. Once in the External tab, select use spdif for either windvd or powerdvd and click apply settings.

IK

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks IK

I just found the help file at

http://www.inmatrix.com/articles/dvdgraph1.shtml

It tells you what's going on the all the filters, I'm a bit lost with Direct/waveout/Maudio spdif/etc. Got the video stuff going though!

I think I have to use Default WaveOut device with a SB live - I'll try it tonight.

I've got ZP 3.0 beta, thanks

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
FYI - PowerDVD's Audio filter seems to produce a much higher quality sound. The Sonic 1.5 and the PowerDVD audio filter are close IMHO, but I've found that the PDVD audio filter is much more stable, and produces far less audio drop-outs.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
And the conventional wisdom is to go with wave out. It is supposed to decrease stutter in the video. I don't know since I have no stutter either way, but I still stick to PowerDVD with default waveout to be on the safe side. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.