AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been experimenting with zoomplayer and various combinations of video and audio filters, with ffdshow. Currently, I am concentrating on the sonic video decoder.

The settings I would like to use in ffdshow are starting to max out my CPU, so I would also like to enable dxva to take some of the load, if possible. However, it seems that ZP is ignoring the Sonic Cineplayer registry keys for DXVA. See this thread for more details.

When I have set UseDXVA=1 and ShowFPS=1 it still reports: SW VMR9 and the fps and the frame count, and some weird looking graphs.

Any information would be appreciated,

Gerald

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If I set ZP to run using the overlay, I dont see the fps when hw accel is on, but do see it when it is off.

I also notice that my CPU usage with VMR9 is higher than with overlay... I am guessing that if there was some way to use VMR9 with HW acceleration it would be much less.

My cpu usage with DXVA + overlay is about 5% or so. With overlay is software about 13%. With VMR9 in SW, it is about 17%.

I guess until I can figure out how to get have VMR9 use hardware accel in ZP, I wont be using it.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I personally prefer Sonic filters in software mode (slightly better PQ), but see no reason why you should not be able to use VMR9 renderer with hardware acceleration. I can do it on my system. It could be your video card drivers that got corrupted, or Sonic is not properly installed. If you have ATI card you could try downloading rage3d tweak utility ( www.rage3d.com ) and see under "Driver" option if your drivers have hardware acceleration option active.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.