AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a number of threads regarding zp and windvd filters but I can't seem to get a clear answer.

I am running the latest ZP with windvd5.1 platinum audio and video filters. Set up like this, everything runs great. However, when I add in the ffdshow, I get a black screen. So I resize the ZP window to small and hit stop then play. Now the video and audio begin. However, as soon as I move to full screen the video freezes.

I have ffdshow set to resize to 720X480 with luma and chroma at 1 and denoise at 40. Nothing else is set. I am using an XP3200+ and 512mb of Corsair ddr400 ram so my machine should easily be able to do a simple resize/denoise.

There was some mention of using a windvd filter like "movie effector" or something, set to 0. How would I do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Russ

·
Registered
326 Posts
check out the Ffdshow FAQ , thats floating around,

but yes you should be using the abstract filter, in order to get ffdshow and windvd to play nice, and even then its not perfect

steve

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steve,

I did read the faq (a couple times :)) and did indeed try the filter and it helped, but now I have to hit play(get blank screen with sound), stop, play again (get video and sound).

Also, the audio is set to dolby surround (not spdif) by default, even though I have spdif selected in windvd and in ZP.

I was hoping to get this to be an easy solution so that my wife could use it without problems, but I don't know if it's going to be possible.

Thanks,

Russ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.