AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I have a lead on a 65ZT60 floor model, and I'm looking for guidance on what to look for and how to look for it.

I'm presuming I want to check:

1. Number of hours (what's too many hours?)

2. IR (whats them best way to check for this?)

3. Dead or stuck pixels (what's the best way to check for this?)

4. Cosmetic issues.

Anything else I should be looking out for? Serial Number, manufacture date (what's good/what's bad for these?)

What's a decent price on a 65ZT60 floor model, this one was going for $2850 with a $200 gift card.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,925 Posts
1. Plasma is good up to 100,000 hours - you can figure out pretty quick that unless you watch way too much TV over the next 10 years the set is likely to be going long after your desire to upgrade to whatever ends up being the next greatest thing.

2. Download the slides and put them on a USB stick. Plug that into the one of the side USB inputs and then start the slide show - the solid colors and different shades will help make IR easier to see. If you have trouble finding it then you should be good. Most IR can be taken care of with the Disney WOW disk - about $17.99 from Amazon - using their pixel flipper.

3. Very carefully - worry about what is in the viewable area. As in center of the screen. Slides should help you find those too.

4. If it isn't on the screen no big deal - just another way to get a discount. You may want to check to see if the for panel separation - there are pictures on the ZT thread plus there may be its own thread now that I think about it.

Hope it works out for you - great display and please ask any other questions we can help with.

Reactions: ReD-BaRoN

·
Premium Member
4,925 Posts
$2850 is too high - I would shoot for $2500 and forget the gift card - unless they give you whatever you buy at their cost. Some of that may depend on hours, etc. You can always negotiate on a warranty from the Geek's (no debate please). One nice feature of their warranty is burn-in and dead pixels are covered along with the usual. Get a 2 year warranty and sleep a little better over the next month or two in case you see something later. August build date or later should have fan fix, that may or may not be an issue since not all have fan noise. Personally I don't find it that bad and I have a April build date on my VT. A little ambient noise or HVAC running and it disappears.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts